: 2000 Deville DTS upgrades

drew46835
06-20-10, 09:44 PM
I have a 2000 DTS with full Corsa exhaust...

Since exhaust is done what else can I do?

What else can I do??

Anybody ever get a procharger on this combo?

Submariner409
06-21-10, 06:48 AM
You've done it all. Enjoy the car. The reason you don't see hundreds of tuning and modification threads for the FWD Northstar platforms is because the equipment and aftermarket is non-existent.

Every possibility is discussed at great length in these threads, Deville, Seville, Tech Tips, and up in the black bar ^^^ read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive.

(You already have a perfectly functional CAI, straight from the factory, and don't mess with the MAF.) You might consider a WIX air filter. More media, less restriction. Forget K&N - well marketed but accomplishes nothing (you get a nice sticker, though).

Use the Search button up in the blue bar and see if you can find HITMONEY's black DTS.

codewize
06-21-10, 09:36 AM
I think the top of this forum should just say

NO DEVILLE PERFORMANCE MODS

It would really cut down on the number of posts here

It's not you Drew, we just get asked that question about 6 times a day. Look at my list below. I've done just about everythuing you can, most of it custom. If you have questions or need help I can get you some info on what I've done.

drew46835
06-21-10, 10:43 PM
I think the top of this forum should just say

NO DEVILLE PERFORMANCE MODS

It would really cut down on the number of posts here

It's not you Drew, we just get asked that question about 6 times a day. Look at my list below. I've done just about everythuing you can, most of it custom. If you have questions or need help I can get you some info on what I've done.

Does anyone know when Westers will have that $495.00 pcm upgrade?

codewize
06-21-10, 10:47 PM
Another member and I are working on it. They claim the have never worked on a 2000+ N* PCM before because they've never had a car to test on.

After some negotiating, they now have a car to test on. Don't worry, as soon as we know something, you will too.

I prefer not to say any more than that.

Does anyone know when Westers will have that $495.00 pcm upgrade?

Submariner409
06-22-10, 08:47 AM
drew46835, Go up to Deville and page back in time - 7,8,9 pages and look for posts by a DTS-driving member who logs in as mackpappy. You will gain insight for what can be done with a few time-honored tricks and what is being researched as we speak. BUT read his entire threads, start to finish. It is easy to take something out of context - understand what he has done. All this is public knowledge in an open Forum - as is all info in CF: It's all here; you just have to look for it.

The Wester's work is all in those threads, too, but understand that it is a work in progress, NOTHING has been accomplished so far, and we'll all be the first to know. (mackpappy is on the hook to come over here for fried catfish and hush puppies.) Sit tight, read as much of CF as you can, and keep your ride clean.

codewize
06-24-10, 11:42 AM
mackpappy is 'the other member' I spoke of. Sub, I think you're in the same information line that I am.

However I don't have any catfish to offer :(

drew46835, Go up to Deville and page back in time - 7,8,9 pages and look for posts by a DTS-driving member who logs in as mackpappy. You will gain insight for what can be done with a few time-honored tricks and what is being researched as we speak. BUT read his entire threads, start to finish. It is easy to take something out of context - understand what he has done. All this is public knowledge in an open Forum - as is all info in CF: It's all here; you just have to look for it.

The Wester's work is all in those threads, too, but understand that it is a work in progress, NOTHING has been accomplished so far, and we'll all be the first to know. (mackpappy is on the hook to come over here for fried catfish and hush puppies.) Sit tight, read as much of CF as you can, and keep your ride clean.