: Chicagoland Service?

K9Caddy
06-20-10, 02:49 AM
Hello Chicago peeps!

Anyone know a reputable service dept. in the Chicagoland area? I took mine in for issues with the side blind zone alerts not working, and it was returned to me in far worse condition! Now, my battery drains and the alert lights stay on all the time in the mirrors.

I was thinking about trying "Cadillac of Naperville'... Anyone have any luck with them?

Thanks for any insight...

Big Windy Ext
06-20-10, 03:45 AM
I have had good luck at Heritage and Naperville , Naperville seemed a little more friendly but Heritage has done quite a bit for me , like a set of wheels without a bit of hassle . :thumbsup:

K9Caddy
06-20-10, 05:47 AM
Thanks Big Windy!! Heritage is the dealer right next to the mall, right? Were you able to get your wheels at a discounted MSRP? Naperville won't go any less than the $1200 MSRP on one chrome 22" wheel.

cbloveday
06-20-10, 07:51 AM
I have a good relatiponship with Naperville Dealership. If you want to give me the wheel PN I can call and see what I can do. PM me with details.

K9Caddy
06-20-10, 07:56 AM
Thanks!! Spoke with someone in the parts dept... It's the stock chrome 22" wheel, he said they have PLENTY of them in stock. He just told me the price was MSRP and he wouldn't go any lower. I'll PM you the part number. Thanks again!!

cbloveday
06-20-10, 09:53 AM
Got your PM. Talk to you Monday after I speak with them.

Big Windy Ext
06-20-10, 11:28 AM
Heritage is in Lombard on Roosevelt east of Rte 355 . They replaced my wheels under warranty . They have take offs that are new also , they put Vogue stuff on , not a fan myself .

CadX6
06-20-10, 11:54 AM
The "dealer next to the mall" is Patrick in Schaumburg. I got both my 07 & 09 from them. Decent deals - not great. Their service dept is also so - so. If you're a regular, & manage to adopt one particular service writer, you get a lot better service than if you stumble in off the street. Unfortunately (fortunately ?) I have not had any major problems so I've kind of gotten a cold shoulder when I do go in. When I picked up a nail too close to the sidewall to be patched in one of the 18"'s on my 07, Patrick wanted over $225 just for the tire. Ended up going down to Al Piemonte in St. Charles & had it done for $173., Unfortunately, thanks to GM's hatchet job, he's now peddling Chryslers. They were by far the best service dept I've encountered since Moran Cadillac in Torrance, CA., where the owner & General Manager were personal friends & they made sure I got taken care of.
I used Heritage when I first came to IL with my 2003 but quit after having having some small parts stolen while it was there. That was a long time ago, & I've since moved farther from them so it would be quite a trip to go that far.
I see that Motor Werks in Barrington which is close to me has had their Cadillac franchise reinstated. Might be interesting to give them a test run - I'm just about due for an oil change.

CadX6
06-20-10, 11:57 AM
Hello Chicago peeps!

Anyone know a reputable service dept. in the Chicagoland area? I took mine in for issues with the side blind zone alerts not working, and it was returned to me in far worse condition! Now, my battery drains and the alert lights stay on all the time in the mirrors.

I was thinking about trying "Cadillac of Naperville'... Anyone have any luck with them?

Thanks for any insight...

Now that we've all weighed in - who was the dealer that mucked up your blind zone alert problem?

K9Caddy
06-20-10, 12:45 PM
CadX6-

That dealer was in Bloomington (Barker), where I purchased the Escalade. I brought it in with intermittent problems with the blind zone alert. I would get a message in the DIC, stating it was disabled and it wouldn't work from time to time. I got the truck back as stated... Blind zone alerts on all the time and my battery drains. I will never have them touch my truck.

They had the truck all day and the service manager said everything was "good to go" when I picked up the truck. Luckily, I picked the truck up right before they closed for the day or I would of lost my mind over there.

CadX6
06-20-10, 07:32 PM
Things like that probably should never happen. I've had things not get fixed right, but to screw up your truck is something else.
Fortunately Bloomington is a little too far for me to go for routine service. But - I do go to Springfield occasionally, so I'll have to make sure nothing goes wrong enroute :hide:.
Hope you find a dealer up here that can get you squared away. Let us know if you find someone who treats you right.

cbloveday
06-21-10, 10:49 AM
Mike, I called the Parts Dept @ Naperville Cadillac and spoke to the Parts Mgr. Don. I can get that wheel PN 9595854 for you for $910.78.

If you call, they can have it waiting for you. 630-355-2700

I will also email you this info.

BTW, Don said "Thank for your service." His son was a marine.

Curtis

K9Caddy
06-22-10, 08:14 AM
Thanks again Curtis!! You are one stand-up guy...