: one of the many reasons I love my '87...

outsider
06-19-10, 12:32 PM
I was cruising my 87 today and a rolls royce pulls up next to me! Newer model (2009 or 2010) with florida plates. Two old guys driving it. They kept looking over at my car and when they saw me staring at theirs they gave me a thumbs up!

Nice when someone in a rolls thinks you have a nice car ;)

sven914
06-19-10, 01:59 PM
It's always nice to see people eying up your car, but it makes it 100 times better when they're in something you want to look at.

Bro-Ham
06-19-10, 03:53 PM
I've met plenty of RR drivers. When there are two old guys in one RR and they are gesturing to a 26 year old driver of a 23 year old car is it possible they may like more than the car? :)

Benzilla
06-19-10, 05:11 PM
lol, too true.

outsider
06-19-10, 05:29 PM
haha...well they were from florida so I guess it could be ;)

The-Dullahan
06-20-10, 01:53 AM
haha...well they were from florida so I guess it could be ;)

That's what kind of people live here? Damn, and I'll be leaving my little swampy abode and heading to the meet in Palm Beach...in a "Skirt" no less? Bloody Hell.

Sting or Matt, if you're reading this, just remember,

when the police ask, they hit first.

greencadillacmatt
06-20-10, 04:27 AM
^I'm sorry Officer, I couldn't really say what provoked him...

Stingroo
06-20-10, 09:46 AM
Sorry, what? I was reading this nice book.

The-Dullahan
06-20-10, 12:17 PM
Yeah, thanks guys.

Benzilla
06-20-10, 03:07 PM
Wearing that "skirt" it shouldn't be too hard for them to hit you from behind before you can turn around anyway... :D

Bro-Ham
06-20-10, 04:03 PM
Let's not let our fantasies get the best of us. I regret that I inferred that outsider may be as sexy as his car and, perhaps, noticed as such. Not everyone has the desire to drive large ostentatious cars like the ones we are fortunate enough to enjoy and, because we do, getting noticed in one may either be a tribute to our good taste in cars or how the car itself illuminates us as knowing the difference. Either way, we are unique people, hopefully top notch class acts, and drivers of a seemingly forgotten way of automotive pleasure and prestige. Let's all enjoy our cars on this fine summer day - thumbs up to everyone on the Cadillac forum! :) Dave

pompste
06-21-10, 04:26 AM
Let's not let our fantasies get the best of us. I regret that I inferred that outsider may be as sexy as his car and, perhaps, noticed as such. Not everyone has the desire to drive large ostentatious cars like the ones we are fortunate enough to enjoy and, because we do, getting noticed in one may either be a tribute to our good taste in cars or how the car itself illuminates us as knowing the difference. Either way, we are unique people, hopefully top notch class acts, and drivers of a seemingly forgotten way of automotive pleasure and prestige. Let's all enjoy our cars on this fine summer day - thumbs up to everyone on the Cadillac forum! :) Dave

Very well spoken!
Let`s face it---driving these Caddy land yachts from a classy era gone by does draw attention.For me it`s been all positive attention.These extra large Caddy`s look HUUUUUGE and are much more elegant looking than anything being produced today.
Since i bought my '78 Devile 6 months ago---i`ve gotten 15 offers on it----and it`s not even for sale! Even though i could really use the extra cash these days---there is no way i hell i would ever sell either of my Deville`s.

The-Dullahan
06-21-10, 11:43 PM
Since i bought my '78 Devile 6 months ago---i`ve gotten 15 offers on it----and it`s not even for sale! Even though i could really use the extra cash these days---there is no way i hell i would ever sell either of my Deville`s.

That's how I feel with my car and I'm sure a lot of us hear it.

We could never bring ourselves to sell our hard-earned Cadillacs. What scares me is exactly what some of the offers we get must be for. To each his own, but the bulk of "custom Cadillacs" I see these days are little more than acts of rape when I see them.

Cadillacboy
06-27-10, 09:37 AM
Nice story ,I was saying that Cadillac is more "eye catcher " than rest of cars even including Rolls Royce and my theory was verified then
:highfive:
:bouncy:

Bro-Ham
06-27-10, 11:02 AM
Rolls-Royces are intended to not be overly showy. The parthenon grill is probably the most recognizable part of a RR that distinguishes it from regular cars, and the understatement of RR's is intentional because there are those who know the difference between it and more everyday luxury cars. Cadillacs typically are designed to rely on styling as their prestige since many people who own them want an immediately identifiable symbol of their higher status. :)

Aron9000
06-27-10, 02:48 PM
Rolls-Royces are intended to not be overly showy. The parthenon grill is probably the most recognizable part of a RR that distinguishes it from regular cars, and the understatement of RR's is intentional because there are those who know the difference between it and more everyday luxury cars. Cadillacs typically are designed to rely on styling as their prestige since many people who own them want an immediately identifiable symbol of their higher status. :)

I don't know, the Rolls models of the 30's/40's/50's/early 60's were pretty damn onstentatious and in your face IMO. They really did tone back the styling with the Silver Spirit though, and it kind of remained subdued until the Phantom hit the streets a couple of years ago. Now that sucker is very much large and in charge, lol.

Bro-Ham
06-27-10, 03:47 PM
Aron, RR's from the 40's through 60's look kind of like American cars, but from 10-15 years before so I agree that they were distinctive in their traditionalness. The new Germanic Phantom is imposing yet sleek and is modern yet classic. I really like the Silver Spirit and Spur and I don't mind the Silver Seraph. I'm just as happy in my 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with its over the top cushy velour interior. :) :)

gillianwhittaker@xtr
06-27-10, 05:41 PM
I've met plenty of RR drivers. When there are two old guys in one RR and they are gesturing to a 26 year old driver of a 23 year old car is it possible they may like more than the car? :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

god help us or if he is late arriving , RUN

gillianwhittaker@xtr
06-27-10, 05:50 PM
something about those big Chr%^lers that have a" roller look ". My brother in LA ,some years back , pulled up beside a roller in his beaten 65 F@#d wagon.He gave the thumbs up to the driver . Was Dudley Moore who promptly returned the thumbs up with an F$%k off. NICE TOUCH LOL

mcgovernmatt
06-27-10, 07:37 PM
I was driving my 91 Brougham d'elegance the other day, and some guy on a bike rode by while I was stopped and shouted nice car, with a thumbs up! The guys at the auto body loved it too! Will people be admiring a Prius 20 years down the road...I think not.

My 91 Brougham d'Elegance

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3735/dsc01287n.th.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/dsc01287n.jpg//)

MudAnt
06-27-10, 08:30 PM
I was driving my 91 Brougham d'elegance the other day, and some guy on a bike rode by while I was stopped and shouted nice car, with a thumbs up! The guys at the auto body loved it too! Will people be admiring a Prius 20 years down the road...I think not.

Surprising to hear a compliment from someone on a bike..

sven914
06-27-10, 08:44 PM
Will people be admiring a Prius 20 years down the road...I think not.

My 91 Brougham d'Elegance

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3735/dsc01287n.th.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/dsc01287n.jpg//)

The Honda Civic has been around since 1973... 37 years and it still gets no respect.

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/06/27/18/04/pic-24154.jpeg

MudAnt
06-27-10, 08:51 PM
The Honda Civic has been around since 1973... 37 years and it still gets no respect.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those on the road.

sven914
06-27-10, 10:32 PM
[B]Oh you've seen one, you just didn't notice it.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
06-27-10, 11:19 PM

FWD OR RWD ??

Even rare here now and the place crawls with jappers.
There is a market for a similar sized /aged toyota (starlet) --boy racers lov em cos they are rwd

sven914
06-27-10, 11:31 PM
^Front wheel drive, powered by a mighty 1.2 liter engine making all of 50 horse power.

brougham
06-28-10, 12:08 AM
I don't think I've ever seen one of those on the road.

Don't feel too upset. That picture probably looks nicer then any you'd ever see driving around and that's not saying much.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-10, 01:26 AM
I'll never forget that Honda Civic that was used in Pulp Fiction.

The-Dullahan
06-28-10, 03:22 AM
I get enough attention and thumbs-ups or "cool car" phrases from people, which is not all that good, since if I had it my was I could slip into invisibility and go unnoticed. What makes me sad about these comments in a way is that people would say them no matter what type of Hearse I had (Maybe even one of those ugly Crown Vic ones) and I have met people who even had no idea it was a Cadillac.

Some Ghetto Fabulous lady loved the 20" gold rims it used to have and when I said I was just about to replace them for the Cadillac ones she's like "Aww yeah, Homeboy be gettin' Cadillac rims, yo!" to her associate and slightly confused as to what a Homeboy was I basically said "Well, it IS a Cadillac so...uh..." and she repeats "It's a Cadillac?" in a tone of utter disbelief. Didn't most Cadillacs produced between the late-sixties to the early-nineties bare at least SLIGHT resemblance to my car? In the front, I mean.