: Factory Stereo (CD/DVD/SAT/NAV) Question

09MDLADE
06-19-10, 01:30 AM
I dont have the Factory Rear Entertainment option but do have the Factory Radio with CD Changer, DVD, SAT and navigation. IF i purchase aftermarket Head Set Monitors - Vizualogic Video Headrest Package from Crutchfield, can i use the DVD from the factory radio to push video to the rear headrest monitors?

thank you.

doctordog
06-19-10, 10:43 AM
yes you can you need harness for factory radio i believe i purchased on line perheral audio works excellent plugs behind fac. radio

09MDLADE
06-22-10, 05:38 PM
Great! Which Headrest monitors did you go with? Do you have any pics?

PS: for newbies like me - you can play DVD's while the Escalade is in park and its in 5.1ch surround! Its Sweet!!

cheers!

WaterKing
06-25-10, 02:05 PM
As mentioned in the other thread....if you follow this route I strongly recommend you get headrests with built in DVD players instead of just Monitors which only work with an external video source. The price differential is minimal and the added flexibility is significant, i.e. everyone can be watching something different whereas with monitors everyone must watch the same thing that is generated by the head unit or other video input. As long as the headrest DVD player or Monitor has an auxiliary RCA input it will work to route the front head unit output to it. One additional thing that may have to be done is reprogramming of the head unit by the dealer so that the RSE is activated because I don't think it is in non RSE vehicles to start with. With a DVD player headrest there is the choice to watch what is being sent by the head unit or whatever DVD is put in the individual headrest. If the headrest DVD player has two Aux inputs you can even route one to the other and then put in a DVD in one and have it show in both headrests. Audio outputs from the DVD headrests can be hardwired back to the head unit for playing through the factory stereo which is what I recommend or they usually have a built in fm modulator which is not as good. Perhaps someone else will comment on this.

vfjdesign
06-28-10, 04:15 PM
I totally agree with WaterKing! Yes you can get simple monitors very cheap, but then you have to cut them into your own headrests...NOT a good idea unless you are very skilled. By the time you add all the things you want, like wireless headphones, the dvd players are not much more and offer much more flexibility.

Hollywood19
08-16-10, 03:54 PM
Do you have any pics