: 07 Escalade power folding mirrors won't open.

Escolady
06-19-10, 01:16 AM
My Passenger mirror wont open. I cant reset it because it wont move. My driver side works good. I hear the nosie but its stuck folded in. I want to pull it open but it feels very solid and I don't want to pull on it to hard. Will I make it worse if I pull it open. Dont want to hurt my babe! Please let me know how to take it apart or is there another way thank guys. Sorry for grammar english was my second.

Resetting the Power Foldaway Mirrors

Reset the power foldaway mirrors if:

. The mirrors are accidentally
obstructed while folding.

. They are accidentally manually
folded/unfolded.

. The mirrors do not stay in the
unfolded position.

. The mirrors vibrate at normal
driving speeds.

Fold and unfold the mirrors one time using the mirror controls to reset them to their normal position. A noise may be heard during the resetting of the power foldaway mirrors. This sound is normal after a manual folding operation.

Escolady
06-19-10, 12:34 PM
Please help some one? I want to fix today on my day off. It get 120 degress here by noon. How do I take it apart? I see I got over 60 views.:hide:

fivepix
06-21-10, 05:53 PM
Might have to take it to a dealer, it might be something wrong with the mechanical parts inside if you try to force it open you might make the issue worst.

Sorry I'm not much help but good luck.

TSS
06-22-10, 12:24 PM
I had the same issue with my driver's side. Dealer had to replace the whole mirror. Try yanking it hard, it will come out. Beware though, if they replace the mirror, painting it is really hard - lots of nooks and crannys and paint/chrome transitions. Several folks here, including me, have been really unhappy with the painting/masking of the mirror itself by the dealer.

SouthernCaddy
06-22-10, 08:06 PM
yes they left mine black, not shiney like the other one....oh well my wife will tear it off before long so I am not going to worry about it

North49
06-23-10, 03:16 AM
I had the same issue with my driver's side. Dealer had to replace the whole mirror. Try yanking it hard, it will come out.

I would try doing this then the reset procedure.

..oh well my wife will tear it off before long so I am not going to worry about it

Sad but true ...... it seems to be something every month :canttalk:

azn2dmax
06-24-10, 11:09 AM
Mine did the same thing this weekend. It feels pretty sturdy but dont be scared and just pull/fold it out. Sounds like you have to replace the mirror assembly. I got one off of ebay for $120 shipped painted but used.

asudevilboy80
10-06-11, 06:13 PM
I had this same issue, took it to the dealer and they said my motor was shot. They wanted $650 for replacing the mirror, labor and paint!! I've seen a few used ones online that are already painted, so I would like to buy one of those and do it myself.

I have have a buddy that's got a full garage and who's very skilled at rebuilding old cars to help me, but since this is a newer car and there's an electrical component I was wondering if anybody knew of a good place to read up on replacing the mirror???

Ghost Deany
10-06-11, 08:36 PM
This is a easy fix, just take the inside door panel off, theres 3 bolts holding the mirror on, unplug the harness, and put the new 1 on, my friend had someone punch his Avalanche driver side mirror off, and he ordered a new 1 and we put it on, easy. you can even use your old painted plastic piece it just snaps onto the mirror.

99ssconv
10-06-11, 11:35 PM
if you are careful you can remove the painted parts and transfer them to the new mirror, I do that all the time to avoid paint time and crappy paint jobs

mrknow88
12-03-14, 04:36 PM
This video may help some -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkaznUA9t0

christophercarr86
12-10-14, 01:52 PM
Try the reset process that @escolady suggested.
Mine worked it, but seems like a long shot as it doesn't seem to help most people.