: At College and I Miss my Caddy!

DopeStar 156
08-30-04, 07:56 PM
It's true! I miss my family but I just feel so lost without my 89 Fleetwood Brougham. I miss my baby! :crying:

tru504187211
08-30-04, 09:08 PM
I used to know how you feel man...no wait, I don't! I commuted!! I lived in the dorms for the first 2 years, but had a hooptie at the time, so I really didnt miss much. Hope these next 4 years go by quickly for you! :)

slk230mb
08-30-04, 09:17 PM
I know the feeling man, last year was brutal on me without my car. Thank god as a soph I am able to have my car. $106 is a small price to pay for the conveinence.

CoupeDevilleRob
08-30-04, 10:02 PM
I could never understand whay freshman can't have cars, that rule is so dumb. Anyway, I never ran into that problem because I'm staying home for college, although I take the subway to school and don't really drive my car that much anyway.

T_Dogg8
08-31-04, 07:29 AM
i think it's dumb too. but i think a lot of schools are changing that. where i went to school fresh. are allowed to have cars and most of the schools my friends went to are the same way. i don't even understand why. it's not like anyone drives to parties, so it can't be that.

DopeStar 156
08-31-04, 10:40 AM
All I know is that it's stupid. *Pouts* I'm only an hour from home and I'd like to be able to get around instead of having to just stay on campus or walk into the town.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-31-04, 12:48 PM
Lemme get this right , your not allowed to have a car on campus ? You have to live in dorms ? We did in the military if we were fresh out of basic , but thats a whole diffrent reason as it was critical to maintain military discipline for the frist 2 years of enlistment .....But we were allowed to have our own transportation .....

man if that was the case(in college) i wouldnt have went , i couldnt live without my car .....

The sacrifices we make to get a beatter life for ourselves ......

caddydaddy
08-31-04, 01:09 PM
Yeah, damn, that sucks! The only time I've been without a Caddy was during the 2 months for boot camp, and during the times my ship was underway!

Stoneage_Caddy
08-31-04, 01:24 PM
HAHAHAH

remeber that Jody about "They took away my cadillac , now im humping with the pack..."

Only good part about bootcamp was doing the runs and calling the jodys , nothing quite like it ......Never felt more like a real man my entire life .....

DopeStar 156
09-01-04, 06:28 PM
I'm going home this weekend so I'll get to drive her then! YAY!

Fred Fachman
09-02-04, 03:57 AM
I know what you mean. I am at the 7 month mark here in Iraq with 5 to go. I am going home for 2 weeks leave on the 10th of September, so I can cruise for a few days. Thanks for the great site. I enjoy reading all your posts on a daily basis. Keep 'em comin

T_Dogg8
09-02-04, 07:47 AM
you in the service fred?? good luck and stay safe.

Fred Fachman
09-03-04, 02:06 AM
Yes, I am in the Army Reserves. Was here during Desert storm in '90-'91 when I was on active duty and never thought I would be back. On the downhill slide now though and can't wait to get back to my Cadillac. I have a '95 STS with 225,000 on the clock. Runs great (according to my wife) but will probably trade when I get home in Feb. Thanks for everyones support and I really enjoy this site.

T_Dogg8
09-03-04, 07:46 AM
you're the one we should be thanking, not the other way around. we're doing the easy part. stay safe.

PhillyCaddy
09-03-04, 01:07 PM
Im with T dogg. he is right Fred, Thank you and come home safe so you can enjoy you family, friends and you Car.
Thank you.

ChristianV
09-03-04, 07:37 PM
My 73 Sedan Deville has been in the shop for three days now. I had to have my mechanic look at the left side ball joint (the wheel was shaking like mad) I miss it really bad. The good news is it was a cheap fix. 40 bucks.