: son ran into my truck with the Brougham!

GreenWood
06-18-10, 04:28 PM
My son ran into my truck the other nite and smashed the passanger side headlights out. Where is a good place to find complete bucket,headlights, and marker? 96 Fleetwood Brougham.
Thanks

pompste
06-18-10, 04:52 PM
My son ran into my truck the other nite and smashed the passanger side headlights out. Where is a good place to find complete bucket,headlights, and marker? 96 Fleetwood Brougham.
Thanks

Search EBAY.COM----EBAYMOTORS.COM.
First place i always look for Cadillac parts.

Did you have some choice words for your son?

GreenWood
06-18-10, 05:04 PM
you bet I did. He had been drinking and mis calculated the turn into the driveway. way to go youngster!

csbuckn
06-18-10, 05:06 PM
Car-part.com for used parts.
Rockauto.com for your lights.
Fleetwoodguy for anything you can't find
Walmart for a good leather whopping belt
Sons bedroom to sell me his game system to pay for everything.

Did I miss anything?

thefleetwoodguy
06-18-10, 05:07 PM
I sell 93- 96 fleetwood parts

I have what you need..............Jim

Stingroo
06-18-10, 05:12 PM
Wow, this is creepy. There's an identical thread on the wagon forum with a GREEN wagon.

Note to self: children like green vehicles. :(

Pics of the damage? Let's see how bad it is so FleetwoodGuy can hook you up. :)

outsider
06-18-10, 05:48 PM
buy from jim, you won't regret it.

GreenWood
06-18-10, 10:23 PM
How do I post a pic? Fleetwoodguy I need those parts, I'll send you the pic and you can give me a price shipped to 77338?
Thanks

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 12:25 AM
Here's how you post an image:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/howto.jpg?t=1276921452

:lildevil::lildevil::lildevil::lildevil::

Right on CS with the Leather Belt!

77CDV
06-19-10, 12:51 AM
Right on CS with the Leather Belt!

What, no shillelagh?

durrk johnson
06-19-10, 01:13 AM
I would have DDT'd my son into the pavement for drinking and smashing into my 96' FWB.

Good thing I dont have a son.

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 02:03 AM
What, no shillelagh?

That's for beating Brits.

Wait.

Is your son British?

Stingroo
06-19-10, 02:04 AM
I'm right there with you Durrk. :lol:

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 02:07 AM
I would have DDT'd my son into the pavement for drinking and smashing into my 96' FWB.

Good thing I dont have a son.

I think I'd be angrier with him for drinking than damaging the car (You read that right, Irishman angry at somebody for drinking). Of course, he'd be paying for all repairs to the car and wouldn't be driving again for a LONG time, probably not until he purchased his own car. Not as a punishment to take the car from him, but to teach him auto-responsibility and I bet HE wouldn't go loaning HIS car to anybody who may be drinking.

Stingroo
06-19-10, 02:09 AM
(You read that right, Irishman angry at somebody for drinking)

FWIW I'm a decent percentage Irish and I would feel the same. Hell, I don't even drink myself. Never have, never will.

That said, I do find it funny coming from you. :hide:

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 02:18 AM
You'd better not be drinking, Mr Underage.

Jokes aside, it's part of being a parent and never wanting to see anything bad happen to your child. Atop being mad about the car would come all the anger about what COULD have happened on his way home.

One thing I like about this part of the state is the billboards against drinking and driving. Maybe they'll actually save a life...plus...they all have Cadillac Hearses on them.:cloud9:

Does Florida have an "Arive Alive, don't drink and Drive" license plate? I contemplated getting one for my car for the sheer irony, but then the handicap plate was settled upon. Maybe I just need a scrolling sign in my back window, also marketing CadillacForums.com and my opinions of other drivers.

GreenWood
06-19-10, 05:53 PM
I love my son and the car belongs to him. I bought it for him last year. He loves Cadillacs and I think it was poor judgement on his part. He's 20 yrs old but doesn't always act like it. He's a late bloomer with very few friends,no girls, and really shy. I thought the car would boost him up. He has taken to drinking and drugs and it has been really hard for me to watch him destroy his life before it begins. I'm a single parent and have raised him and his younger brother. I have given all I have to these boys. We will fix the Caddy and he starts a new job tomorrow ( he hasn't worked in 2 years). I just can't give up on this kid. I care too much.
Thanks to all

Stingroo
06-19-10, 06:44 PM
He should be lucky he HAS a job. That alone would be motivation for me to do well. Best of luck to the both of you.

77CDV
06-19-10, 09:52 PM
That's really tough. Hope he pulls himself together.

JimMLINY
06-19-10, 11:12 PM
Get what you need to fix er up. Make him help and talk, talk, talk. Sounds like unhappiness is the cause of his drinking and drugging, been there done that. Had a dad like you, trying to be a dad to my four like same. Hard work; but, as my 78 yo pops likes to tell me as he is enjoying his grandkids, it was well worth it. Never ever give up!

Happy Father's Day, best wishes on mission accomplishment!!:yup:

I love my son and the car belongs to him. I bought it for him last year. He loves Cadillacs and I think it was poor judgement on his part. He's 20 yrs old but doesn't always act like it. He's a late bloomer with very few friends,no girls, and really shy. I thought the car would boost him up. He has taken to drinking and drugs and it has been really hard for me to watch him destroy his life before it begins. I'm a single parent and have raised him and his younger brother. I have given all I have to these boys. We will fix the Caddy and he starts a new job tomorrow ( he hasn't worked in 2 years). I just can't give up on this kid. I care too much.
Thanks to all

The-Dullahan
06-20-10, 12:44 AM
Jeeez.

I can relate to a bit of that (the shy, AKA antisocial part) I couldn't imagine being in his shoes and have not the experience being in your shoes. Like Jim said before me, talking sounds good. I hope he gets on the right track soon. Had I a friend who tried drugs, even once, I bet I'd put him in a wheelchair for a while, and I approve of alcohol in only small rations (which may be smaller or larger depending on somebody's tolerance) and NEVER if they will be driving.

Anyhow, hope everything turns out for the best and Happy Father's Day.

Cadillacboy
06-21-10, 04:27 AM
Good thing is he didn't run into neighbor's ride or cops ride that would cause worse things to happen .
Never drive a car when you're drunken ,I hope he learns his lesson