: Air Conditioning, EVERYONE chime in....

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 12:35 AM
Well did some fitting of our prototype engine mounts and after everything is said and done the motor mounts are working great. However, my freaking A/C stopped working. I shorted out a bolt on the starter and the radio kinda freaked out and what not. But now my A/C compressor won't even turn on?

Anyone have any ideas?

I checked the two underhood fuses, I actually checked ALL the fuses and they are all good. I also checked the relay and placed it with a known good one and it still doesn't work.

There is pressure in the system.

heavymetals
06-18-10, 01:03 AM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/fusebox/fusemap.jpg

Compressor clutch fuse

Check the fuses under the rear seat also.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 02:26 AM
Checked all the fuses under the hood... all good....rear seat fuses???

Mystical_Ice
06-18-10, 03:29 AM
There's another fuse box under the rear seat.

PISNUOFF
06-18-10, 07:17 AM
There are two fuse boxes under the carpet at the front of the rear seat.

c4ss
06-18-10, 09:12 AM
....rear seat fuses???

That's what I said when I blew the fuse on all my interior lights. I looked under the hood and it's not there. As stated, there's another fusebox under the carpet by the rear seat.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 11:03 AM
Anyone know if there is an A/C fuse there? lol

heavymetals
06-18-10, 12:58 PM
There are fuses there that run a bunch of stuff. :yup:

Just pull up the rear seat and fold the carpet back.

Two fuse boxes.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 02:15 PM
Okie, doing it now.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 02:27 PM
All the fuses are good, my car is broke.

heavymetals
06-18-10, 02:35 PM
Does the temp control/ fan stuff work?

Try the heater and see if it blows hot air.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 03:30 PM
Oh it does lol... All the control works. The A/C compressor doesn't even click on when I turn it on :( I have a hot weekend coming up and no A/C in my black car.

heavymetals
06-18-10, 03:56 PM
Work backwards.

See if you get voltage to the compressor, then the relay, then the fuse.

Only so far the failure can go.

MAPerformance
06-18-10, 05:54 PM
Its over my friends shop in the same complex. He is taking a look at it with a scanner.

Stepside
06-18-10, 10:45 PM
Well, I'm not sure with these cars, but in the past, GM incorporated "fusible links". It looks like an aneurysm aka a swollen section of one of the wires. You would have to cut it out and replace it.

MAPerformance
06-21-10, 12:21 PM
Well my buddy tested the relay and it looks like I'm missing a ground now. Not sure how that happened, I'm going to manually run a ground and see if that fixes it!

jaskel
06-21-10, 02:50 PM
Ran into a problem similar to this, check the wiring from the pressure sensors, and make sure that they arent frayed at all, my compressor quit working on me and came up with a service AC system message on the Nav unit, took it to a stealership just to have them replace the pressure sensor, which for half a day worked, then when i got on it that afternoon, and the engine did its normal tq twisting, the message came up again, found out that the sensor was just dandy, but the sensors wires were grounding out, and causing the AC to shut down

MAPerformance
06-21-10, 07:25 PM
On the drivers side?

jaskel
06-21-10, 08:51 PM
yes that is the one that they replaced/chased down the wires on

c4ss
06-22-10, 12:03 AM
You figure this out yet Adam? Just curious as I blew a mystery fuse the other day as well. GM also decided to try to hide them from me all around the car :mad:

uwood
06-22-10, 08:52 AM
I have the same problem with the pressure sensor. It was so bad that it actually ate away the rubber covering on the wires. I need to fix that and charge the system. I have a black car also with no air. Wife is going to hate me. Figure if I go fast enough with the windows down it's about the same as A/C.

MAPerformance
06-22-10, 01:11 PM
Check your relay on the underhood fuse. If your standing in the front of the car. It is going to be the bottom right quadrant of gray relays. Pull the relay and check the top right quadrant of the relay slots for a ground.

| |
| | <-------This Relay in the group of gray relays

Pull the relay out

| |<----Check this slot for ground.
| |