: STS w/ aluminum trim.............

Pete Benson
08-30-04, 07:54 PM
For those interested in seeing the interior of a new STS with the aluminum trim package, go to the Cadillac section of eBay Motors and enter item #2488533967. A silver green V6 is up for auction, and there are lots of pictures.

b4z
08-30-04, 08:47 PM
Great find!

That is quite a bit of aluminum. Maybe too much.

I still like it even though it looks like the interior has moved downmarket compared to the last generation.

Here is the ebay link, hope it works for everybody.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6152&item=2488533967&rd=1

Pete Benson
08-30-04, 09:58 PM
b4z / Thanks for providing the link. I expect it's not a difficult thing to do, but computers and I have a real love/hate relationship, and I probably would have suffered a brain hemorrhage before finally figuring it out. lol

majax
08-30-04, 10:23 PM
If you go to Cadillac.com they got a thing thats all about the STS you just load it and you can choose something like "VVT engines" and Jim cadi general manager talks about the engines. All sorts of stuff go check it out its really cool. Thanks for the alluminum interior pics, I think it looks pretty sharp.

Of course in my opinion if you want chrome on your interior and dash go get an acura TL or TSX they do a better job of that(no offense to cadillac!!). But the STS was truley intended to have wood I think not that teh chrome looks bad. Also why dont they have it on the doors, they relaly need it there so they look more interesting.

STSgirl
08-31-04, 12:31 AM
I do NOT like the aluminum at ALL!!! What a way to cheapen a Caddy.

gothicaleigh
08-31-04, 12:45 AM
Without a doubt, I like the wood better. Of course the aluminum may look nicer on a darker interior car where it will provide more contrast. On the car pictured it looks bland and uninteresting.

Also, in a previous thread I said that the center console didn't look too bad without the Nav screen. I retract that statement. The aluminum trim enhances the space between displays and the console looks too empty. If anyone is considering the aluminum, make sure you go with the Nav screen to fill some of that vast flat space.

STSOnly
08-31-04, 11:33 AM
Great find!

That is quite a bit of aluminum. Maybe too much.

I still like it even though it looks like the interior has moved downmarket compared to the last generation.

Here is the ebay link, hope it works for everybody.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6152&item=2488533967&rd=1

Wow Pete! What a great find. I can't believe it's on eBay now. This is the 1st 2005 STS listed on eBay.

In terms of the interior...it's cheap looking and can't compare to the K Platform. I'm talking about all 2005 interiors...wood included.

I would never spend $43,385 for something like that. The look of the exterior and interior doesn't warrant the sticker price.

In terms of interior...again, it can't compete with the K platform.

If one looks at the 2005 STS as a new model, I think it's a great car for what it is. It fits very well in the new Cadillac line-up. The CTS, SRX, XLR, and STS. They all are great in their own right.

But in terms of a Seville STS new body style, it falls very short (interior and exterior).

However, performance and gadgets...well, I'm certain that it's superior to the K platform. But the car is plain and unattractive to me.

BTW, is there an ignition key cylinder???? I'm just curious because I can't see one in the pics. What if the battery goes dead in the adaptive remote start remote???? How are you going to start the car lol??? I don't even see any key cylinders for the front doors or trunk. My car comes with factory keyless entry, but the owner's manual also says that one should always keep the door key handy as the keyless entry remote is not to replace the door key...

I'm quite sure that the car comes with door/trunk/glove/ignition keys. Right???

I'll email the seller and find out for sure lol.

msheri01
09-03-04, 01:28 PM
Looks better in black leather with the aluminum. The vehicle has keyless ignition, that is why you have a start switch, not a cylinder. The vehicle does have a door key, in case the remote goes dead. This system was first used on the XLR. :)

STSOnly
09-03-04, 04:09 PM
Looks better in black leather with the aluminum. The vehicle has keyless ignition, that is why you have a start switch, not a cylinder. The vehicle does have a door key, in case the remote goes dead. This system was first used on the XLR. :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I really want to see a White Diamond exterior with Black leather and wood. It would probably look better to me lol.

I think that the keyless ignition is very convenient, but it seems like it's just like leaving your key in the ignition and never removing it. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. A car thief would have a field day with this.

I doubt that a car thief would be able to successfully push the 'start' button to start your car without the remote being somewhere in the car. But some dumb crooks may just break your side window just to try it out anyway lol.

msheri01
09-03-04, 06:33 PM
Not really, the car will not start unless there is a recognized remote in the passenger compartment, unless you use the remote start feature. In either case, without the remote, they are going nowhere.

majax
09-04-04, 11:29 PM
Thats what Onstar is for then, I bet there is another way to start it. STSOnly, what is the K platform? Oh and I like the black STS in your avatar.

STSOnly
09-05-04, 01:25 AM
Thats what Onstar is for then, I bet there is another way to start it. STSOnly, what is the K platform? Oh and I like the black STS in your avatar.

Your 1999 STS is of the K platform. '98-
04 Sevilles. At least that's what it says on my 1999 Cadi Seville service manual lol.

Below is a picture of my STS. It appears black in my avatar, but it's actually polo green. I'll trade mine for yours lol.

majax
09-05-04, 01:52 AM
Mine is fully loaded and I mean everything and navy blue. I've yet to ever get any digi pics of it posted, ill see about it soon.

Yours is very very purty! :thumbsup: :p