: Overhead monitor installation

stanggt815
06-17-10, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone i am new to this forum and found this site be very helpfull.
Now my problem, i have a 2007 esv with no overhead monitors. I do have the factory dvd navigation unit. I want to add a overhead 10 in monitor with the dvd built in but the problem im facing is that there is this hump that the dome light sits on. My thing has any one installed or had a monitor installed with that big hump there under the dome light and if yes was it cut out or how was it modified?
thx

Pictures would be great

K9Caddy
06-17-10, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the forum!

First off, You're gonna have issues mounting something overhead with your current stock headliner with the overhead dome lights. The factory headliner with the overhead monitor has this deleted, I'm sure you can get something custom done, but I don't think it would be worth it or beneficial. Moreover, in my opinion the overhead monitor impedes your vision to the rear anyway. Your best bet would be doing something aftermarket in the headrests. Vizualogic makes some nice ones or you can even get GM headrest monitors through GM accessories. Good luck...

humberto
06-17-10, 09:23 PM
I have the same hump and kromer radio installed a 10.5 inch with dvd over head no problems and colour matched it perfect.It looks original i paid 1200.00 installed with joy stick to play video games that the unit has and two headsets.Could not be happier.

stanggt815
06-18-10, 02:06 AM
Was the hump cut out or did you go below the hump?

09MDLADE
06-18-10, 10:12 PM
I have the same hump and kromer radio installed a 10.5 inch with dvd over head no problems and colour matched it perfect.It looks original i paid 1200.00 installed with joy stick to play video games that the unit has and two headsets.Could not be happier.

Can you take a picture of the system installed and post it?

Also, what options do you have for just adding a monitor - Can you use the DVD in the head unit to project to the aftermarket monitor?

thanks!

humberto
06-20-10, 08:39 PM
Can you take a picture of the system installed and post it?

Also, what options do you have for just adding a monitor - Can you use the DVD in the head unit to project to the aftermarket monitor?

thanks!

Im sure you can but i just have the ft unit on the dash and the 10.5 seperate for now and im using a lock pic set.I will post pics in the next few days the dvd goes into the unit and the unit has lots of videos games with one remote.