: After 17 years, GM is bidding farewell to the once groundbreaking NORTHSTAR

stngh8r
06-17-10, 01:15 PM
http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/gm-phase-out-northstar-engine-2801.html

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/new-rwd-caddy-flagship-car-coming-2810.html

Submariner409
06-17-10, 03:46 PM
A similar thread has been running for a week now, down in General Discussion.

stngh8r
06-18-10, 12:01 PM
A similar thread has been running for a week now, down in General Discussion.

Is it possible for you to post a positive message?

I simply created a new post with a link to, what I considered interesting, information in which I had not yet seen on this particular "northstar tech" sub forum. I obviously don't have the enormous amounts of time, like youself, to troll every blessed inch of this website.

To everyone else, I hope you enjoyed the link.

tateos
06-18-10, 05:14 PM
Is it possible for you to post a positive message?

I simply created a new post with a link to, what I considered interesting, information in which I had not yet seen on this particular "northstar tech" sub forum. I obviously don't have the enormous amounts of time, like youself, to troll every blessed inch of this website.

To everyone else, I hope you enjoyed the link.

Thanks - I had not seen this info elsewhere - but don't get your shorts in a bunch over nothing, either; I think Sub was just telling us that as an FYI, not as a criticism.

Right, Sub?

Submariner409
06-18-10, 05:39 PM
My normal haunts are, in order: Seville, Deville, Northstar Performance, Members Introductions, Site News, and quickly surf the Technical Forums. Other stuff if I have time.

stngh8tr is sort of correct in that he has time only to read his particular Forum of interest, but the referenced thread concerning the Northstar demise had different articles. It all falls under my standard advice "Do your homework.".

97EldoCoupe
06-18-10, 07:50 PM
I obviously don't have the enormous amounts of time, like youself, to troll every blessed inch of this website.

The "trolling" that Submariner does usually (if not always) winds up helping us. Sub (Jim) has a lot of excellent advice and passes this on to people in need - especially when it comes to engine technical stuff. We're very lucky to have him here, and stngh8r, if you're new, stick around for a while. You'll see what I mean.

Thank you stngh8r for the post, I spend most of my time in here-

97EldoCoupe
06-18-10, 07:53 PM
Whoops - ok you're not new- glad you and Sub have met though! :thumbsup:

Submariner409
06-19-10, 10:45 AM
Jake, stngh8r and I have been jousting since early 06.

This thread has had 232 hits as of 0945 today.
The first thread on the subject has had 1296 hits.

........and the point is ??? Info is everywhere in CF, not in just one Forum.

tateos
06-21-10, 04:39 PM
I get what you're saying, Sub, but I had not seen this info in other discussions, AND you have to admit, Northstar info is most appropriately posted and found in the Northstar discussions area. I get it that you had already seen this elsewhere, so to you, it seemed like someone telling you the sun came up this morning, and it gets a little tiresome to see the same old crap over and over.

Submariner409
06-21-10, 09:12 PM
Post #2 is merely information. It was not posted or intended to steal anyone's thunder or stick them in the ribs.............or should I have said "Hey !! There's more on this down in yadda, yadda for the last week...................."

Just how many times have we all posted "Joe Blow is asking the same question up in Seville.......maybe your answer is up there........"

2001_Seville_SLS
06-22-10, 11:23 AM
A search for Northstar didn't kick it up. Where exactly is the main thread?

Ranger
06-22-10, 11:45 AM
It's in the lounge.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/202428-northstar-production-ending.html

tateos
06-22-10, 02:10 PM
Thanks Ranger and Sub - I had never been there. I come here mostly - sometimes stop by Seville/Eldo

Submariner409
06-22-10, 02:16 PM
..........start digging through Cadillac Technical Discussion :sneaky:

tateos
06-22-10, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah - forgot to mention I go there sometimes too. Also used to go to Deville, until dear old Dad totaled the 2000 DTS a few weeks ago.