: Rubbing issue!

dowlatij
06-17-10, 03:20 AM
So I have the MMmod done and i have half cut in the front and 3 quarters in the rear and when I go over bumps and stuff I can hear it rub. Sharp turns dont see to b too much of a problem but Im going to the track next weekend and I am little worried about Tech Inspect do you think they'll notice or if it will even rub out in the track cause I'll have an instructor with me? opinions?

deedubb
06-17-10, 03:28 AM
I had rubbing up front too, still get a slight rub on the fender liner when i hit a bump with my eibach springs now. I wouldn't worry about tech inspection. I've never had one that would notice something like that.

dowlatij
06-17-10, 03:43 AM
Lets hope you're right Dave! haha are you ever going to come track it with the rest of us!?

deedubb
06-17-10, 04:07 AM
When I had my NSX, it was so low, the tech inspector could not even see the suspension, yet alone inspect it. Besides, the MM mod looks stock. They'd have to be REALLY familiar with the CTS-V to catch it or tear the back seat/trunk apart to see it.

I will come out with you guys, providing I'm not working but not sure I will track it.

tweeter81
06-17-10, 12:28 PM
I have some rubbing at the track, but it depends on where the tire is rubbing and the severity of the rub.

If the tire is just rubbing somewhere on the inner plastic fender liner, then that is really not a problem. The tire will eventually wear through the plastic liner, but you can patch that with duct or electrical tape.

If the tire is rubbing on the inside edge of the actual fender, you could have problems if you don't have the fenders rolled. You should be able to tell where the rubbing is occuring by looking under there. Either way, get the fenders rolled, it is cheap insurance. Without getting that done, if you hit a huge dip or bump, the tire could catch the inner fender lip and pull it out, not a good thing. I had Jim's Exotic Bodies in Lafayette, CO roll my fenders when I lived there. They did a good job and it was really cheap.

tommy compton
06-18-10, 12:31 AM
If the tire is just rubbing somewhere on the inner plastic fender liner, then that is really not a problem. The tire will eventually wear through the plastic liner, but you can patch that with duct or electrical tape.

I just permanently removed the plastic push rivet from the fender liner at the top corner where it rubs, then tucked the liner behind the tab on the bumper. No more rub or wearing through the liner. You almost have to remove all the rivets on the liner to get the top behind the tab, but it works like a charm.

dowlatij
06-18-10, 03:35 AM
Alright thanks guys I think I am just going to roll my fenders to stay on the safe side. Yeah Dave im pretty sure they wont say much but yeah man hope we getta V meet set up soon man! :highfive:

deedubb
06-18-10, 03:39 AM
Let me know when you roll your fenders....I need to have mine done too.

SS from the "Wood"
06-19-10, 06:55 PM
i thought this thread was about something else