: Can we do this on our car?

jwall09
06-16-10, 07:33 PM
I get a 1182 error about once every two weeks that goes away the next day, so i have been thinking about how to address it. Then i saw this on the v2 forums:

"$10/20 min. Maint. restores throttle response.
My car has about 12,000 miles and I have noticed it has not been as responsive to throttle input as I remembered. So I figured it was time to do a little cleaning. Picked up 2 cans of spray carb cleaner and went to work at the throttle. After removing the snorkel from the throttle and air flow sensor housing I cleaned the deposits from the throttle (as far as I could reach) using the spray and a rag. After this, with the help of a friend inside the car to try to keep it running, (it does not like to run with no air movement registered over the air flow sensor) I emptied the remainder of can # 1 as well as all of #2 down the throttle and through the SC while the engine ran. I then reinstalled the snorkel and went for a spin. WOW the car is back to the way it was when Jesse's tune was installed. It is much improved both with initial throttle tip-in and trans shifts. Its like it picked up 10 additional HP.

For all the other do-it-yourselfers this is a quick easy maintenance that is often overlooked."

Could we do this on our car? is this mean take the CAI off first, anything else to take off?

pj96ss
06-17-10, 08:16 AM
I don't see why not. I don't know if there's any issues with the stuff going thru the supercharger but wouldn't think so. I've got both carb and throttle body cleaner in the garage. I'll look later to see if they are the same ingredients (wouldn't doubt it).

I know that at a lot of dealers, the service guys will shoot carb cleaner in the throttle bodies and then charge outragous $$$ and label it as a throttle body cleaning.

P.J.

PGA2B
06-17-10, 10:02 AM
Good luck trying to clean it. It is going to be very hard to spray it into the TB direct.