: How to flush brake fluid on the V

Natedog
06-16-10, 04:39 PM
I'll be attending vDay4 and need to change out my stock fluid for something race worthy. I've searched and recognize a lot of you guys recommend Motul 600, but i haven't found the appropriate process to follow to completelty change out the stock fluid. I noticed the write up on the FAQ for brake bleeding, but is this what i should follow and how many bottles of the motul 600 will i need to complete everything? Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated

nikon
06-16-10, 06:07 PM
Follow the bleeding procedure...suck whats in the reservoir out first so you don't flush crap through the system....maybe a bottle or two to flush it.

thebigjimsho
06-16-10, 10:08 PM
Just have Lindsay do it. And then they can tech it for you...

Natedog
06-18-10, 01:43 PM
Just have Lindsay do it. And then they can tech it for you...
but then i won't know how to do it :(

If i follow Nikon's suggestion, how do i go about 'sucking' the current fluid out of the reservoir first? if i do this, should i then fill it back up with my fluid of choice and start bleeding in the order they recommend... continually filling the reservoir so it doesnt get empty until i see the new fluid being bled out with no air bubbles?

repenttokyo
06-18-10, 02:00 PM
i use a turkey baster to suck fluid out of my reservoir. i suck until the fluid is just above the intake for the system, so i don't get extra air in the lines.

whisler151
06-18-10, 02:07 PM
I'm having my shop do it while they are putting on new rotors and pads.

I'm sure it's easy though.

Natedog
06-18-10, 02:28 PM
i use a turkey baster to suck fluid out of my reservoir. i suck until the fluid is just above the intake for the system, so i don't get extra air in the lines.
Will it be fairly obvious to me where the intake is once i start removing fluid?
Also, how many liters of new fluid should i pick up to replace whats in the system?
THanks!

repenttokyo
06-18-10, 03:04 PM
Will it be fairly obvious to me where the intake is once i start removing fluid?
Also, how many liters of new fluid should i pick up to replace whats in the system?
THanks!

On my Miata it is obvious - I have yet to do it to the V, that is the coming weekend's project. The Miata has a raised center in the reservoir with inlets for the system.

I am not sure how much fluid the system takes, but it is unlikely that you will need an entire liter - maybe 1/3 to 1/2 a liter will suffice.