: escalade leans on driver side

evois
06-16-10, 01:29 PM
I just noticed that the escalade leans on one side. measured it and the difference is 0.5 inch lower on the driver side. is it because of the fuel tank on the left? 26 gallons x 6.2 ppg = 161.2 lbs which is equal to the weight of a normal size adult driver. still, the escalade should be equally footed not leaning. I checked my service manual and it says if it is less than 0.58 inch, it is within specs. is this true of chevy vehicles in general? there isn't a TSB on it either.

TSS
06-17-10, 10:32 AM
Very common, the dreaded GM lean. Really.

It is not indicative of anything being wrong. If you look, you will see more than half are that way (Lades/Tahoes/Yukons/Pickups). I forget the reason it happens, but it was explained to me once by a mechanic. It was not simply a matter of the gas tank or driver's weight always being on that side. Search on Fullsizegm.com - it is fully discussed.

Ronin
06-17-10, 12:44 PM
I found the same thing when I installed the drop kit on my ESV. The front was identical on both sides, the rear was slightly off, I think like 3/8ths of an inch maybe? Didn't think it was too big a deal, the truck tracks quite nicely, especially now that the summer 22s are back on, it's lowered, and I upgraded the front and rear sway bars...

evois
06-17-10, 04:23 PM
brought it to the dealer, and they were stumped. nobody complained about the lean and 0.5 inch is within specs, and according to the service advisor is normal because of the crown on the road GM made it to lean on the left side? really? anyway, as long as it is driving and handling well, I will go ahead with my road trip to vegas:)

TSS
06-17-10, 04:27 PM
No worries - travel safe. It is "normal".

evois
06-17-10, 05:38 PM
No worries - travel safe. It is "normal".

thanks!