: Tow Hitch bumper cover

desidon
06-16-10, 08:36 AM
Backed into my acura. Scratches on the tow hitch bumper cover.
Dealer part is north of $200
Any cheaper options?

LeftLane
06-16-10, 09:34 AM
Ebay or take it to a body shop,see what they can do.

CRL1
06-16-10, 10:00 AM
I have an extra black one that we accidentally acquired on e-bay. Was planning to post it here in the classified later.

I am looking for a Blue Chip one if anyone has one to sell.

101mph62
06-16-10, 11:13 AM
Backed into my acura. Scratches on the tow hitch bumper cover.
Dealer part is north of $200
Any cheaper options?

if its just scratches get it repainted. It only cost me 30.00 dollars to get mine repainted.

CRL1
06-16-10, 11:43 AM
if its just scratches get it repainted. It only cost me 30.00 dollars to get mine repainted.

Would have thought it to be much more. May have to check into having the Black one I have painted Blue.

07maralade
06-16-10, 11:54 AM
Put a tow hitch on it so next time when you back into a car, there will be no damages.

101mph62
06-16-10, 12:45 PM
Would have thought it to be much more. May have to check into having the Black one I have painted Blue.

yup dropped it off at the body shop next to my work, picked it up the next day and gave the guy 30 dollars.

Larry the Dude
06-16-10, 08:25 PM
I had two of these "blow" off the back of my truck going down the highway. There are a couple little plastic clips holding it on. The dealer replaced it twice (under the 36K mile warranty). Only difference now I bought two Stainless screws with lock washers and firmly attached it to the vehicle.

The dealer told me they blow off "all the time" no questions asked replaced it and had it painted.

rbu1
06-17-10, 05:53 AM
I had two of these "blow" off the back of my truck going down the highway. There are a couple little plastic clips holding it on. The dealer replaced it twice (under the 36K mile warranty). Only difference now I bought two Stainless screws with lock washers and firmly attached it to the vehicle.

The dealer told me they blow off "all the time" no questions asked replaced it and had it painted.

How did you screw it in? Can you see the screws? Mine keeps falling off so I am debating to go with hitch insert or screwing it in like you did. Just not sure how the screws would look if they are visible from the outside.

TSS
06-17-10, 09:26 AM
I have a new Quicksilver one available too. It is the revised version too - that does not sag or "blow off". The new design is so much better. Simple change, but better. For those having issues - no need to use screws or anything of that sort. Go to dealer and get the updated version. It has two more attachment areas than my original 07 cover. The exterioir (the part you see when it is on), is identical.

Ronin
06-17-10, 11:47 AM
I have a new Quicksilver one available too. It is the revised version too - that does not sag or "blow off". The new design is so much better. Simple change, but better. For those having issues - no need to use screws or anything of that sort. Go to dealer and get the updated version. It has two more attachment areas than my original 07 cover. The exterior (the part you see when it is on), is identical.

Is there a TSB that covers this bumper cover crapiness? I haven't lost mine...yet...but I've caught it hanging off several times and couldn't believe it didn't fall off (especially the way I drive). Watch it fall off this weekend now that I've cursed myself!

TSS
06-17-10, 11:54 AM
Is there a TSB that covers this bumper cover crapiness? I haven't lost mine...yet...but I've caught it hanging off several times and couldn't believe it didn't fall off (especially the way I drive). Watch it fall off this weekend now that I've cursed myself!

Yes there is. Something like customer complaint of hitch cover sagging or falling off. They get you an updated hitch cover, paint it, and drill two small unseen holes in the plastic bumper on the truck itself where the new attachment points stick into. I don't have the Lade anymore, so I tossed the records/TSB once GMAC gave me the all clear on the lease turn in. Sorry. This happened to me twice (sagged before the revised version), and through some chain of events, like I said, I have a new unused updated Quicksilver cover if anybody needs one.

Ronin
06-17-10, 01:29 PM
Yes there is. Something like customer complaint of hitch cover sagging or falling off. They get you an updated hitch cover, paint it, and drill two small unseen holes in the plastic bumper on the truck itself where the new attachment points stick into. I don't have the Lade anymore, so I tossed the records/TSB once GMAC gave me the all clear on the lease turn in. Sorry. This happened to me twice (sagged before the revised version), and through some chain of events, like I said, I have a new unused updated Quicksilver cover if anybody needs one.

Thanks for the 411...it's just a matter of time so it's good to know...

steve841
06-17-10, 08:14 PM
Always leave that receiver in and get a nice sized ball ....

Like this one:

http://steve841.dlinkddns.com/images/ball.jpg

jeanethics
06-20-10, 11:33 AM
I have an extra black one that we accidentally acquired on e-bay. Was planning to post it here in the classified later.

interested in you blk cover, email me azzuredenim99@yahoo.com
cant get PM yet

Michael 514
06-22-10, 07:03 PM
I used a strip of velcro across the top!
Seems to be okay for now.
We'll see if it lasts the winter!

(PS I finally bought a 2008 Black Platinum Edition last week...)

Details to follow! :)

chiple
07-27-10, 12:23 AM
do you still have that black hitch cover

chiple
07-27-10, 12:26 AM

Do you still have that black hitch cover?

KA41
07-27-10, 07:32 AM
How did you screw it in? Can you see the screws? Mine keeps falling off so I am debating to go with hitch insert or screwing it in like you did. Just not sure how the screws would look if they are visible from the outside.

I'm curious as to how this will look with screws in it also. If anyone has done this, could you post pictures please.

rbu1
07-28-10, 07:45 AM
I have a blue chip cover if anyone is interested. email me rbu915@gmail.com

Say $45.00 shipped

TSS
07-28-10, 02:50 PM
I still have a new revised version quicksilver cover as well as a front quicksilver license plate bracket .

Zhariak
07-29-10, 09:44 AM
I just posted this in a different forum,

But, they have a "New and Improved" version of the hitch cover. I had mine replaced under warranty (mine kept hanging off).

Replaced it and it's on solid now!

TSS
07-30-10, 08:39 AM
That is what I referenced in my posts a page back. ;)

Agree, revised version is solid!

ccfdad
08-03-10, 10:27 AM
Did you decide to have your cover painted? If not, how much would you look to sell it for? I need one. Thanks.

TSS
08-03-10, 02:03 PM
Who are you asking? I have a painted revised version Quicksilver and somebody else has a painted black.