: Good Year Excellence RF tites

harrysstsv
06-16-10, 08:20 AM
Hi guys,

time for me to replace the rear tires on my V.

As far as I know there`s beside the "loud" Pirelli RF-tires only the Good-Year excellence for the STS V available. Does anyone of you have them on your V, if yes how do you like them?

Thank you
Harry

fast impala
06-16-10, 09:57 AM
I just replaced all of my tires with the Goodyear Excellence, also had an alignment done. About five hundred miles on them. So far, so good. HTH

harrysstsv
06-16-10, 11:20 AM
I just replaced all of my tires with the Goodyear Excellence, also had an alignment done. About five hundred miles on them. So far, so good. HTH

Thank you,

are they the same noisy at low speed ( up to 60-70 mph) as the Pirelli`s?

Harry

fast impala
06-16-10, 11:33 AM
I don't think they are as noisy as the Pirelli's were, but that's pretty subjective, anyway.;) But, they were a lot cheaper!:D

Since they are for MB applications, maybe they will hold up better.:yup:

MiamiV
06-19-10, 10:57 AM
I recomend the NITTO INVO tires. they r the tires they r using on Z06 corvettes. they Grip well. Last long. and r not a rough ride. I LOVE THEM!!!

torched10
06-19-10, 03:57 PM
are the Nittos run flats?/what size are you running on yur V

fast impala
06-19-10, 04:21 PM
The Invo's are not runflats. AFAIK, the only runflats in the V sizes are the Pirelli's and the Goodyear Excellence. HTH

MiamiV
06-19-10, 05:58 PM
Not runflat. I am running a 285/35/19 in the rear

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-20-10, 01:06 AM
Harry, How have you been? havent seen you on the boards in a long time.

Ditch the runflats.. You will get much better performance. And at the sppeds you get to run at, I would think you would want high speed grip.. What I would give to put my V on your roads.

Actually I might be there in 6 to 8 months. Mind letting me take your V for a spin :-) :-0

Germany may never let me come back

harrysstsv
06-20-10, 11:01 AM
Harry, How have you been? havent seen you on the boards in a long time.

Ditch the runflats.. You will get much better performance. And at the sppeds you get to run at, I would think you would want high speed grip.. What I would give to put my V on your roads.

Actually I might be there in 6 to 8 months. Mind letting me take your V for a spin :-) :-0

Germany may never let me come back

Hi Dan,

these RF tires are in my german papers and if I put non RF tires on and have a flat I can get in trouble. These Pirells are worse, front ones still pretty good, rears allmost down.
If you come to Germany, what`s your plans? We might can meet if you are in the Frankfurt - Nürnberg area and sure you can drive my in the high 3 digit numbers:D

What tires is your V wearing now?

Harry

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-20-10, 12:26 PM
Running Toyo T1-R's in stock sizes I might switch to the Nitto Invo's next time to see how they compare. Zero complaints with the Toyo's and on my second set. Reason for switching to Invo's next time is cause I like the tread pattern.

MiamiV
06-20-10, 01:06 PM
INVOs are amazing

ozmt
06-22-10, 08:08 PM
I just switched from the crappy Pirelli's to non-rft Bridgestone Serenity. They are very quiet and relatively sticky. What I like as a bonus, is the 45,000 mile warranty.