: 95 FWB LT1 Hesitation

Barrister_07101
06-15-10, 10:44 PM
Ok forum:

I have a 95 that I love (the 94 will get its due too) but when I'm trying to accelerate I get hesitation right at the beginning. Its sputtering, coughing, and then it picks up. I took it to my favorite mechanic and no luck in that he apparently isn't getting the problem. I'm talking about stepping on the gas and getting sputtering, coughing and no go. I think he's so light on the peddle that he's not getting the problem. Even on a 2 to 3 shift I get some sputtering. Help ... has anyone had this problem before. Should I trouble shoot by trying wires and plugs and then the Opti-Spark (the original one is still in)? Or should I try with fuel filter, injectors, etc?

Any help is appreciated

outsider
06-16-10, 10:41 AM
hmmm, could it be the EGR valve?

abdullahone
06-16-10, 11:36 AM
When my 95 FWB started behaving like that, I also noticed hesitation in gear changes.
My mechanic suggested fuel injection service, which fixed the issue for me.

SDCaddyLacky
06-16-10, 03:58 PM
Yeah I would check the fuel filter, and try a fuel injector and intake service. Have them suck down some cleaner into both the injectors and the intake manifold, you might simply have too much carbon build up. What kind of gas are you using? If it's the cheap stuff, wholesale gas stations, that can be a problem, they tend to use the lowest cheapest quality fuel they can buy, which has less detergents than say Chevron and Shell.