: 1968 Calais interior courtesy lamp question, How do I change the bulbs in this thing?

PsychoBillyCadillac
06-15-10, 07:54 PM
I'm currently trying to get all the little things in my 68 up to speed like changing out bulbs etc. (she sat for 35 years). The rear courtesy lamps, the round ones with the cadillac emblem lenses on the interior of the C pillars, does anyone know how to change the bulbs in those? Mine are both out and I don't want to go prying or twisting on them before I know what I'm doing. Thanks in advance to anyone who's got the answer!!!!

deVille33
06-16-10, 08:46 AM
This needs to be over on the other RWD forum. :welcome::bump:

PsychoBillyCadillac
06-16-10, 03:42 PM
Sorry about that, just figured I would be more likely to get a knowledgeable response regarding a 1968 in the 472 related category than I would in the generic Cadillac category.

PsychoBillyCadillac
06-20-10, 11:30 AM
I did figure this out just in case anyone wants to know in the future. The lens itself is what's removable. You simply take a very fine bladed screwdriver and put it in the gap between the lens and the bezel, there are three small clips at the 4, 8, and 12 o'clock positions the lock it in place. If you carefully work them from side to side the lens pulls straight out exposing the bulb.