: 2008 Escalade Temperature in Rear View Mirror

SouthernLCC
06-15-10, 02:47 PM
My reading seems to be way, way off from the actual outside temperature. Anyone experience this? Or is this just something that is known to be innacurate?

Buff
06-15-10, 02:59 PM
Mine does the same thing it seems to take a while to reset.

mark v.
06-27-10, 08:25 PM
When parked in the sun mine reads very high but when the truck is moving the temp is much more accurate.i think it measures temp from airflow over the sensor.

hcvone
06-28-10, 08:04 AM
My reading seems to be way, way off from the actual outside temperature. Anyone experience this? Or is this just something that is known to be innacurate?

Pretty normal, if moving for a while it will read closer to the real temp, but sitting in traffic you will get high readings. They seem to improve the response on my 10', it's better than my other trucks.

WaterKing
06-28-10, 10:07 AM
The temp sensor on 2007/2008 EXT's is in the grill area below the the transmission cooler on the driver side, you can see it through the grill. An identical sensor is on the passenger side for the HVAC. For Platinum 2009 they either moved it somewhere else or simply used the HVAC one, haven't figured it out but I know the wiring is missing from the platinum harness for the temperature reading sensor.