: 1995 Fleetwood Fuel Filter

outsider
06-15-10, 12:23 PM
So I was picking up stuff to do my oil change and figured "why not do the fuel filter while I'm at it!" so I looked in the parts thing at walmart and it said I needed fram fuel filter 7333 or something...So I bought it.

I know where the fuel filter is. I saw it when I was changing the muffler. My question is this. I've never done an in-line fuel filter before. All my cars are carbed except this one. Can anyone give me some pointers/process tips.

What are the steps involved, tools needed etc...I'm sure it's easy but I don't want to mess anything up :)

Thanks as always

jayoldschool
06-15-10, 12:30 PM
Take the gas cap off to relieve pressure. Have a pan under the filter to catch the gas. Have some rags ready. WEAR EYE PROTECTION.

outsider
06-15-10, 01:10 PM
the eye protection part is the one I always skip! I wear glasses so I never think to put on protective goggles although I know I should. Thanks Jay.

What kind of connections do these filters have? Is it like a nut or something?

HUF
06-15-10, 01:48 PM
the eye protection part is the one I always skip! I wear glasses so I never think to put on protective goggles although I know I should. Thanks Jay.

What kind of connections do these filters have? Is it like a nut or something?
Do it in the morning when there is no pressure in fuel system. Open the gas tank though, as Jay mentioned. There are most likely quick connect type connectors. When reconnecting, recondition the o-rings with a drop of clean motor oil.

outsider
06-15-10, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the tip on the motor oil HUF. This should be pretty easy for me to do seeing as how I'll be changing the oil at the time anyways :)

mjs182004
06-15-10, 03:24 PM
I remember changing the fuel filter on mine. I have to laugh at it now that i look back at it. So the story goes as this, My brother in law Jason, was helping me out on trying to collect the codes from the computer last winter. It was night time and I had just got back from the auto parts store with a new fuel filter. while I was under the car, he decided to plug in his scanner to the diagnostic port under the dashboard. While he was doing that, I disconnected the old filter and was ready to plug in the new one when all of a sudden gas was being spayed all over me. I was like whoa, whoa, whoa, turn the ignition off. Apparently he forgot that I was underneath changing the fuel filter. I smelled like gas for quite some time after that.