Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  davesdeville 
#1 · (Edited)
472 Torque buildup

I am building up a 472 out of a '70 S&S hearse (body beyond repair sorry), that I am going to put in a '73 Suburban. This buildup is strictly for low end torque, horsepower is not a concern. It will be used for rock crawling, so I need low rpm and high torque. I am looking for sugestions for cam, intake, carberation, or anything else you may find helpfull.
I may be able to salvage a few parts. If anyone is interested drop me an email.

#4 ·
what i got for parts

I will try to post a few pics so everyone can see what may work for them... be warned it is in pretty bad shape. I have hood, frnt fenders(both with some rust), bumpers, suspension, frame, may be able to salvage dash... top has been removed so i dont think i have any glass except winshield.

I may build the 472 as stock, its hard to beat 525 ft/lbs out of the box.

#6 ·
youll want to take advantage of what you have already and what that engine does best stock.
how serious of a build up are you wanting to do ?
you could build a real torque monster pretty cheap if you spend the money on the top end of the engine and not go crazy on the bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.