: caddy interior into a caprice

csbuckn
06-13-10, 03:28 PM
A car I'm working on has a lot of damage from having a window down while parked outside during winter, its an 84 caprice 4 door. We were thinking of swapping out to an interior from a 91 caddy. Everything from headliner, seats, b pillers to door panels. Just not the dash. I'm wondering what all I'm gonna have trouble with? What I'm worried about are the door panels, I don't know if the mounting holes are the same. Also dont know about the headliner, is it the same length?

Aron9000
06-14-10, 01:00 AM
I know the headliner is not the same length, Caddys had a longer wheelbase. I think the seats should swap in no problem, I've seen D'Elegance seats in a Caprice before. Actually I've seen a two door box Caprice lowrider that had the door panels, dash, seats, everything swapped in from a 90-92 Brougham D'Elegance.

Stingroo
06-14-10, 07:43 AM
Seats will fit easily.

I've seen the car Aron is talking about, it's bitchin'. I imagine it's more trouble than it's worth though to have done.

The-Dullahan
06-14-10, 06:11 PM
Seats will fit easily.

I've seen the car Aron is talking about, it's bitchin'. I imagine it's more trouble than it's worth though to have done.

Where are all you people getting these damned seats from? All I want is a parts Brougham with a burgundy Leather interior. If I didn't respect the cars so much, I'd steal them from the first car I found with them and switch them with my own, leaving a note.

"Sorry about your Leather Seats, Boyo, but finders keepers, here's mine in return."

csbuckn
06-14-10, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info, Im thinking the door panels will work too but I may have to drill holes for the top pull handle, the Caprice has the pull handle down with the window switches. As for finding parts, I usually get lucky on craigs but the local upull just got a beautiful 87 brougham, blue on blue, clean as hell. Anybody need parts, let me know. I'll be going wednesday morning. The parts are already going fast, friend went out there twice and the rear filler where gone the second time around. I'm getting the clean seats if they last, door panels are clean...let me know.

Dul, it would be a lot easier to get parts if Cadillac Owners had a decent parts section(hint hint). One parts sticky in the RWD section would work wonders(hint hint lord cadillac). I've been PMing mods for a parts sticky from the beginning

Stingroo
06-14-10, 09:03 PM
We SHOULD get a parts sticky here. We all frequent the yards too...

Jay, make things happen!

Please? :hide:

Stingroo
06-14-10, 09:06 PM
If only you were local man:

http://treasure.craigslist.org/pts/1792141696.html

csbuckn
06-14-10, 09:09 PM
I've asked him, we have to go to lord C.
Then we wouldnt have to go to layitlow for our parts. People would be more influenced to get a supporting badge cause you wouldnt be able to sell a lot of stuff with just a 10 message cap. More people would sign up cause you wouldnt be able to inquire about a part without being a member. Just sayin...

Stingroo
06-14-10, 09:22 PM
Agreed honestly.

jayoldschool
06-14-10, 09:33 PM
We SHOULD get a parts sticky here. We all frequent the yards too...

Jay, make things happen!

Please?

As Sam has pointed out, it's not my call. I did get Lord C to add the links to "Fleetwood" and DeVille parts that we have at the top of the section. If you want it to happen, you know who to talk to (hint, not me lol). Of course, I pledge to organize, approve, mod, etc, if you get it to happen. I like to think that you guys are happy with how I watch over things around here. If yes, tell Lord C. If not, tell me!

Back on topic. The Caddy has a slightly longer wheelbase than the Caprice. The extra space is in the rear seat footwell. Everything should work except the headliner, the carpet (you can cut/seam a Cad carpet under the seats to fit though), and I THINK the rear door panels. Seats are bolt in, and so is the complete dash if you really want it.

csbuckn
06-14-10, 11:27 PM
Jay, are you thinking the rear door panels wont work because the door is a different size or the mounting of the panel?

1967bigdaddy
06-15-10, 05:49 AM
I do believe the rear doors are a bit longer.

I just found a rusted out 90 with only 54k on it and it looks brand new on the interior, but right now I am talking price with the owner. Burgundy leather interior looks dam perfect and the door panels and seats are near flawless.