: AC blower motor upgrade?

Ian6
06-11-10, 06:04 PM
My AC works good, but just doesnt seem to blow the air very hard. the air comes out cold enough but just doesnt have as much power as I'd like. The blower motor was replaced 2 years ago and its worked the same since then, and I dont really remember how hard the previous blower motor pushed the air. I'm only 5'4 so I'm not sitting very far back [my head is in line with the seatbelt pillar] and I can barely feel the air and if I moved the seat back any farther I wouldn't feel it and this is on the high setting, it cools down fine after a bit but I'd just like the air to come out of the vents with more power, any way to do this? how hard does the air come out in yalls?

jayoldschool
06-12-10, 12:59 AM
Last time I bought a blower motor it was aftermarket and the cage didn't have the same number of blades as the OE unit. It didn't push as much air as the stock one...

pompste
06-12-10, 02:24 PM
My AC works good, but just doesnt seem to blow the air very hard. the air comes out cold enough but just doesnt have as much power as I'd like. The blower motor was replaced 2 years ago and its worked the same since then, and I dont really remember how hard the previous blower motor pushed the air. I'm only 5'4 so I'm not sitting very far back [my head is in line with the seatbelt pillar] and I can barely feel the air and if I moved the seat back any farther I wouldn't feel it and this is on the high setting, it cools down fine after a bit but I'd just like the air to come out of the vents with more power, any way to do this? how hard does the air come out in yalls?

I installed a brand new EVERCO blower motor last week,in my '78 Deville, from ADVANCE auto parts.AUTOZONE has the same one---about $30 from either place.It has plenty of blades and blows the air real good.Should be the same motor for your Caddy.

My problem is the fan only blows at low speed now,after replacing 2 blower motor relays---i posted that problem in another thread.