: Damn eBay.

bbozsik
08-30-04, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately, due to eBay's ever-enticing promise of good things cheap, I am forced to sell my Eldorado. 1994 with 130,000 beautiful miles, save for a headgasket problem. :)

The problem started when, out of a blind love for my wife after she had made me a steak, I decided to "look" on eBay and see if I could find a Dodge Stratus R/T--her favorite car. Guess what, there were plenty. So I look through them all and sink my teeth into a loaded 2001. Leather, moonroof, 3.0L 200hp 5-speed. Placed my bid. Was outbid 1 hour later by a buyer with 0 feedback. It was then I knew I must wage war, whatever the cost to my wallet. That eBay newbie was going down. Outbid me??!?! I think not.

To make a long story short, I won. Then I said, "Now, what the hell did I just do?" Long story short, I recently flew out to Indy and drove car back to southern Maine. Man, I hate I-90. Of course, my wife had no idea the amount of money missing from our checking account for two weeks, as it is the man's responsibility to spend 2 months of savings in a matter of 3 hours and a woman's to work hard and put that money back in the bank. :hide:

So now I have four cars. I got away with 3 for six months, now I have to be responsible and cut back to two. So the Caddy is going on the market. Any takers? It needs a good home. Also, I have to get rid of an Audi before a timing belt snaps :) If you've owned one, you know what I mean.

So here is a goodbye picture for everyone here. I'll still frequent and hang out here, as I don't have much else to do at 1 in the morning. Fox News is on repeats at that point.

Now I have to start plotting my CTS eBay misadventure for next spring...! If the wife was filled with hate/love over this Stratus thing... wait for the 20,000 dollar CTS thing... :lildevil:

tru504187211
08-30-04, 01:35 PM
I'm always wary of buying a car on ebay...but overall, how would you describe the experience?

BUILDINGCTSAMG
08-30-04, 01:58 PM
hmm usuaually when u go into a bidding war like that with someone with no feedback it is the buyer pulling up the price....so you prolly got screwed a little, but not too hard

Ralph
08-30-04, 02:37 PM
That's a damn beautiful car BB! Sell the Dodge instead? :lildevil:

Stick around, we need you in the CI Forum. :)

D148L0
08-30-04, 08:01 PM
I agree. Very nice car.

bbozsik
08-31-04, 01:36 AM
Well yeah, I'm pretty sure the seller was bumping up the price. I was going to win with a 3500 dollar bid! I did end up picking it up for much less than market value, still. I actually got him to admit that he does it to other people, and he swore that he didn't do it to mine. :rolleyes:

As for the eBay motors experience, it was great. You can usually tell who is shifty and what cars to avoid. Late model, low mileage I don't believe are anything to worry about. My experience was great. The seller was very patient and easy to work with. He was very honest. I couldn't be happier. Here's a picture:

D148L0
08-31-04, 01:38 PM
I still like the caddy better... but hey, you are going to have a happy wife.

bbozsik
09-02-04, 01:26 AM
Happy wife = happy husband

Poor, yes, but still happy.

rollincatera
09-09-04, 12:34 AM
wow that stratus actually looks pretty sweet .... you plan on keeping those stock wheels on there?

FLSurf420
09-09-04, 04:35 PM
hope not...

bbozsik
09-09-04, 06:38 PM
If you haven't read my other diatribes, then you don't know that I only believe in stock equipment. Aftermarket add-ons make people happy, and that's cool with me, but I can't see spending 1/10th the value of the car on a shiny set of chrome 20's and tires whose treadwear rating is 250.

I'm not very fun at parties, either.

rollincatera
09-09-04, 10:46 PM
:hmm:

bbozsik
09-12-04, 01:20 AM
:hmm:

in reference to being asked if I plan on keeping the stock wheels on the Stratus R/T. I should probably have just said, "yes". :bonkers: