: Need interior pieces

thurstb
06-11-10, 05:31 AM
I have been trying to find a mirror control (toggle on drivers door) and a woodgrain applique for one of the radio knobs for my 89 Brougham. Any ideas on where i might find stuff like this online? Also, any ideas on how to clean up the chrome trim around the windsield, hood, etc...have a lot of "water spots"...have tried polish, Brasso, fine steel wool, and nothing is working so far:crying2:

The-Dullahan
06-12-10, 12:54 AM
I have been trying to find a mirror control (toggle on drivers door) and a woodgrain applique for one of the radio knobs for my 89 Brougham. Any ideas on where i might find stuff like this online? Also, any ideas on how to clean up the chrome trim around the windsield, hood, etc...have a lot of "water spots"...have tried polish, Brasso, fine steel wool, and nothing is working so far:crying2:

Ebay, Parts Car ad on Craigslist (Somebody parting out a car doesn't POST all the pieces they have, but theoretically has most of them) and of course, the LayItLow forum, as those people butcher, I mean "modify" their cars into DONKS and Lowriders...may be hard to find there as most of these small-time ghettoblasters never get around to actually modifying anything on their cars after the wheels and sound system, but hey, the may have the knob piece for your stereo, as they typically throw out their old head units. Hope this helps.

thurstb
06-12-10, 03:13 AM
Thanks!! I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

brianscott2
07-17-10, 09:00 PM
Re: cleaning and restoring chrome...I prefer to use a product called Nevr-dull...it looks like a new company is marketing it now and the can looks different than the old silver and Navy blue can when eagle One marketed it ,,, This "Wadding polish is a great cleaner and I would venture to say that it it make whatever you have in metal or metallic finish look it's best...however nothing will restore truly damaged surfaces...anyway I give this stuff my highest recommendation...just tear of a little cotton ball sized piece and rub it across your surface....let it dry momentarily and then wipe it off for a great new shine.

jayoldschool
07-17-10, 09:13 PM
Also, any ideas on how to clean up the chrome trim around the windsield, hood, etc...have a lot of "water spots"...have tried polish, Brasso, fine steel wool, and nothing is working so far

Unfortunately, all those abrasives are only damaging the material more. The trim around the windshield is stainless, but is clear anodized. Any abrasive will scratch and cloud the anodizing. Try a car wax that is clear coat safe on it. If it is really bad, you can remove the part, sand off all the anodizing, and use a buffing wheel to bring the shine back.

sven914
07-17-10, 10:15 PM
The wood grain for the knobs is hard to find in good condition, and it is nearly impossible to just take the trim out of the knob. It's easier to just replace the radio knobs (pull on them and they come off).

While I was looking for good knobs, I found a set of these and installed them.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2503/2881/31256440087_medium.jpg

But I have one good woodgrain radio that will fit your radio. It's yours, on the house, if you live in the states, so PM me if you want it.

caddeville89
07-18-10, 10:37 AM
It is possible that the water stains are in the many layers of wax that build up all over the place from automatic car washes. You might try to wipe the chrome with denatured alcohol first to remove all the old wax, then apply wax over the top. Check to make sure this won't hurt anodized SS, but it is pretty harmless otherwise. Also works on the windshield to help stop wiper chatter.