: outside temp and compass on DIC?

itsrixter
06-11-10, 02:58 AM
I noticed in a few of the online ads for Escalades, they have photos showing the odometer readings. In those pictures, it had the temperature and compass direction displayed in the DIC (instrument cluster). I donít recall having this option to display in my 07 ESV. Was this added in later models or is there a setting I am missing?

hcvone
06-11-10, 07:37 AM
No setting, they took the compass and temp off the rearview mirror on put it on the DIC, cheaper for the manufacturer to do this. My 2010 is on the DIC, I forget where they are on my 09', have not seen that truck in weeks, I believe my 08' has them on the mirror, I know my 07's did, now I am confused. :eek:

TSS
06-11-10, 09:40 AM
No setting, they took the compass and temp off the rearview mirror on put it on the DIC, cheaper for the manufacturer to do this. My 2010 is on the DIC, I forget where they are on my 09', have not seen that truck in weeks, I believe my 08' has them on the mirror, I know my 07's did, now I am confused. :eek:

Oh to have your problems Carl. "I can't remember which of my four 07+ Escalades had what features". :)

For the record, my 07 only had it in the mirror - there was no DIC option. I like it in the mirror better personally.

evois
06-11-10, 10:12 AM
my 09 have it in the DIC. btw, the 07 to 08 escalade had the silver caddy logo on the 22" wheel covers while the 09 have it colored caddy logo(if anybody noticed it).

WaterKing
06-11-10, 02:14 PM
In getting the LED headlights to work in a 2007 (same as my 2008 as well), I discovered they also removed the separate temperature sensor in the left of the grill area. So I guess they use the HVAC sensor on the right of the grill for dual duty or they use the connector (which i have not identified its purpose, it is new for 2009) in the left under the headlight. If used for a temp sensor, that location would not get any direct airflow while driving. Got the painted wheel covers for 2009 on my 2008....They look much better IMO.