: TC & Parking Brake Light Stay on Help PLZ

Darksid3
06-10-10, 11:38 PM
so today my parking brake light and TC came on after i got on it and they stay but the car drives fine still but those lights drive me insane anyone got any ideas?

ChevyPwrd
01-05-15, 11:17 AM
I am having a similar issue. When cold, the tc brake and abs indicators stay on after startup sequence. Also, the steering feels tighter. After the car has warmed up a couple of minutes, I turn it off. Then I restart it and the lights go off like normal and the steering is easy again. Any ideas? Did you solve your issue?

darkman
01-05-15, 12:12 PM
Intermittent electrical and/or warning light issues are likely caused by connection/grounding issues (see attached) or early signs of battery problems. The connection issues often relate to mild oxidation (as opposed to more visible rust/corrosion) on the mating surfaces.

ChevyPwrd
01-05-15, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your response. Your attachment didn't come through. What are common connection issues with the 1st gen?

darkman
01-05-15, 05:04 PM
Most electrical issues on the V1 seem to relate to the ground underneath the hood strut and the two upper grounds on the back of the cylinder heads. The one underneath the hood strut really works best with the paint underneath removed with a wire brush, and/or emery paper. In this particular case, the ABS system uses two grounds. One is G110 which is one the passenger side frame rail at the front of the car. The other is G401, which located in the trunk on the passenger side. Finally, the main ABS module connector is located on the passenger side underneath the fuse block area. It is accessible from underneath by removing the plastic curtain underneath the engine. However, I would only check its general appearance and condition unless it throws a specific code because you are supposed to replace the fasteners that hold it together anytime you open it.

ChevyPwrd
01-08-15, 11:43 AM
Ok it has been bad weather for a while now so I have not been willing to look into the grounds yet. Here is the latest though. The colder it gets the longer the issue remains. This morning it never went away. All three lights on and I was cruising at 95 with no mechanical problems. Brakes feel fine, but the steering is definitely affected. Also, there are no codes at any point. Could it be a wheel speed sensor issue?

darkman
01-08-15, 12:11 PM
Now that the problem is persistent you may have a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the computer that will point to the problem. Buy/borrow (auto parts store) a scanner and find out what code or codes have set.

ChevyPwrd
01-08-15, 12:58 PM
Scanned multiple times and no codes.

darkman
01-08-15, 01:08 PM
When you say the "steering is definitely affected" - could you be more specific about what the steering is doing?

ChevyPwrd
01-08-15, 05:16 PM
It is noticeably harder to turn the wheel. Brake and ps fluid good.

darkman
01-08-15, 05:56 PM
If the increase in steering effort is particular to low speeds it could be an issue with the variable effort steering system. See attached.

ChevyPwrd
01-09-15, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the info! Based on that , I tried moving the wheel from lock to lock before restarting. It has been successful in clearing the lights on the last two trips.

ChevyPwrd
01-13-15, 02:12 PM
This morning I found that when the failure is present, the cruise also does not function. The other steering wheel controls function fine.

darkman
01-13-15, 02:46 PM
See attached. Also how old is the battery? Batteries can develop internal resistance that can trigger multiple codes/issues on computer control vehicles even though they start the car reliably. And make sure your brake lights are working.