: Racing seats and 4 point..can it be done?

crankedupforit
06-10-10, 11:12 PM
I drool over Recaro Sportster CS seats. I saw a pair of black with the biege inserts that would look sic in my car. So even if I could part with the 2500 or so, we still have a problem with a harness set up. A harness bar won't work because we have no anchors on the B-pillars, and I'm thinking there isn't much room to fab even a dressy roll bar. Anyone have any thoughts on how this could be accomplished? Nothing hokey like anchors to the rear seat or something like that.

crankedupforit
06-10-10, 11:33 PM
Let's be clear. I don't want to mount the harness without a harness bar or roll bar. I like my spine. The puzzle is how do you mount a harness bar without anchors on the B-pillar. The alternative is a 3 point and hope the Recaros hold you in the rest of the way.

thebigjimsho
06-11-10, 01:49 AM
Forget anything with more than 3 points unless you have a full cage. And even then, stay away from 4 points...

Dan_Gurney
06-11-10, 02:11 AM
I do not see any reason why you could not build a fancy "U" shaped bar to mount behind the seat, it would bolt to the floor using the seat mounting bolts (or be fabed into the seat mounts) then bend up to follow the contours of the back of the seat.

If they can mount the seat belt in the seat for the factory seat, i see no reason that some tube could not be bent to do the exact same thing.

You could even make it look around the front of the seat, for a 5 pt harness.

crankedupforit
06-11-10, 05:37 PM
forget anything with more than 3 points unless you have a full cage. And even then, stay away from 4 points...

10-4