: Anyone have exp with Crest Auto Group in Kansas City, MO?

junoreactor
06-10-10, 09:31 PM
I was looking at a vehicle they had on eBay and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Crest Auto Group in Kansas City, MO. I tried calling the phone number listed for several days now and get no response. Seems kinda strange even with the positive eBay feedback.

Any comments on them?

perfect
06-11-10, 10:00 AM
I am in KC but have never heard of Crest Auto Group. I checked gmaps and they are in a pretty sketchy part of town.

I would definitely call them and e-mail them before making any arrangements to come out here!

What V are they selling?

junoreactor
06-11-10, 02:22 PM
It was actually an 07 escalade I'm looking at for a friend. Apparently they already won an eBay auction for it, recieved the title, but not the vehicle and it's been around 20 days so far. The VIN on title is different than that listed on eBay I hear as well. Looks like its time to take this to the authorities.

Thanks for the info as well.

junoreactor
06-18-10, 02:47 PM
Ok, so the Escalade that we recieved is scratched with some minor dents. Both bumpers have obviously been in an accident as the repair work (paint job) is very shoddy. The paint ran when drying and was never buffed out. Also accessories listed in the auction are missing. To top it all off, the vehicle recieved is definitely not the same flawless vehicle pictured in the auction.

I'm in negotiations with eBay buy protection but only in the beginning stages. If they don't buy it back, what should my next course of action be? The attorney general of my state or the sellers? Anyone with legal knowledge know what the best thing to do is, or anyone have similar experience with this kind of situation?

Needless to say, avoid Crest Auto Group in Belton/Pleasant Hill/Kansas City area of MO! Horrible seller.

perfect
06-18-10, 03:22 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that man.

I believe legal precedence requires that you file a suit in Missouri. It's time for you (or your friend) to lawyer up. I would definitely have contacted the authorities in KC and the attorney general. At least when you file a suit (which it sounds like you will) they will be forced to deal with this. DO NOT BACK DOWN ON THEM!!

That really sucks to hear but this "Crest Auto Group" is literally a shack in the middle of nowhere in MO. I expect that the ebay buyer protection will be able to help you take care of this. Also, depending on how your friend paid for this (certified check, bank loan, roses, etc) you might be able to request some legal assistance from that institution.

Good luck.

greddy91
06-19-10, 01:38 AM
Yes - That's who I bought my '05 from. 16K miles - clean Carfax. Got it for 5K cheaper than most others with 30-50K on them in 08. I have nothing but good things to say. Called the guy first, asked him to walk me around the car on the phone. We talked it all over down to the floormats likely needing to be replaced. He didn't come off his price at all, but it was cheaper than other comparables by far. I flew in to KC, he picked me up at the airport, drove to a parking lot so I could give her a once over and then let me drive from there. I took a bank draft with me, he gave me my deposit back in cash, and I drove 6 hours back home with no issues. Car has 30K on her now and has never been even a slight pain.

Best car buying experience I have ever had actually.

Inknu2
11-22-10, 08:27 PM
Do not deal with crest auto goup.... Peter chandler is the owner and riped me off major on an escalade i bought from him...
Car was nothing like desciribed.. Was also dented and had been wrecked.. Was a east coast car that had major rust and was a total p.o.s....
He also collected tax title and registration from me.. And did none of that , so when i got the car and tried to register it with the title they wanted me to pay 3000 i had already paid this scumbag...
I am currently in litigation and suing crest auto group and peter chandler ...
Stay way!!
He does all this business out of his house also is wht else i found out...

mberisha
11-22-10, 08:56 PM
If I remember correctly from local Kansas City TV when I was there....didn't Crest have sketchy TV commercials during the Jerry Springer and Maury show in the morning?

The ole' "......no credit...bad credit....bankruptcy....foreclosure....push-it...pull-it....drag-it.....tow-it.....we'll put you in a car TODAY with no money down....no job....no social security #....or no place of residency....come on down to Crest Auto Group and drive away TODAY!" ?

whistletips
05-26-11, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone, first time poster but though I’d share my recent experience:
The title used car salesman conjures up negative connotations of sleaziness and deceptive sales tactics. At Crest Auto Group, you will find that these preconceptions are spot on and the experience firmly adheres to what you would expect from dealing with used car salesman.

I just had my first, and last (and least from a purchasing standpoint) experience and Pete Chandler, the owner. If you have ever heard the term over promise and under deliver; that is exactly what you will get in dealing with Crest Auto Group and Pete.

Let me first start off by stay that up until Pete deposited my check, the communication and time that Pete was willing to give me in my purchase was great. He was returning my calls, communicating via text the guy really sounded genuine and I felt comfortable in our interactions. He gave a thorough explanation of the vehicle and really “sold” me on it, even though I was looking at a comparable one with fewer miles.

What made me go with Crest was that Pete verbally stated that the car had “new tires” and “new brakes, rotors and drums” as well as it’s scheduled 60,000 mile maintenance. The other place I was looking at wouldn’t give me the time of day, let alone share the vital descriptions that I needed in order to make an informed purchase. Pete gave me his final number which I thought was fair and we proceeded to move forward with the sale. (More details about this post script and new information has resurfaced)

In the coming days, Pete told me that he received my overnighted funds and that shipping was to happen on Friday and I would take delivery Monday. I thought to myself great, and made arrangements to return my rental car and set up my new insurance policy.

Along came Monday, the sun rose, the birds chirped but no car, and no call from Pete. By Tuesday I was getting nervous. I called and texted numerous times and got no response. Finally, I had a co-worker call from a New York (917) area code to inquire about another one of his vehicles and he promptly got a response. I don’t know about you but, that made me fuming mad. I decided to bite my tongue and be courteous and allow for an explanation at least. Long story short, Pete was cold on me for almost 5 full days. I tried calling him, texting him and got ZERO response.
Here is the email I got from Pete that Tuesday night:

"I was in Vegas for the weekend without business contact. I got back to KC at noon and have been working things that have happened while gone in order of importance.
The Cayenne was supposed to be picked up friday, the shipper no showed and promised to be here monday, well monday came and went no call no show. My office re booked the load and should be picked up tomorow by Parkway Auto Transport, the offices phone number for Parkway is 320 558 2214, the drivers number is 320 232 7148. The title was sent out USPS priority. Sorry that my office didnt call you as i instructed them to with any issues but when I am on a trip, I am 100% out of communication."

So let me get this straight, I send a check to a business Wednesday night and the guy goes to Vegas and loses all business communication? Sure.... (The only thing I think Pete lost a large chuck of the check from the car I received almost a week later – details below because it gets even better. ) He instructed his “office” to call me? What a flat out lie. Crest Auto Group is hardly a “group” - Pete works alone and has no regard for his customers once he has been paid. I don’t know why he calls it a group, he works alone, yet claims he has others when blame is clearly pointing in his direction. Who loses 100% communication in Vegas too? Pete, I’m sure you wife would love to hear that explanation. But, what really got to me was the statement, “I have been working on things in order of importance.” What that means folks is that he will return your call if you are a potential buyer but not a customer. (That’s recorded by the way as well)

When I even suggested that he make good on dropping the ball, I was called “delusional.” What a two faced guy. I mean you are dealing with people buying luxury vehicles, biggest job you have is to manage your customer’s expectations and simply communicate with them! Oh, and deliver on your promises.
My car finally arrived over the weekend. Much to my chagrin, there are now some bigger issues at hand. Those new tires? Well, one of them is new and the rest and just about shot. Fortunately, I played back the audio, and Pete’s voice clearly stated in plural “tires.” He flat out lied about that and really disappointed me and my experience, all in order to get the sale and make a buck.

Today is Thursday and found out that those “new brakes, rotors and drums” are at about 50%. I do believe that the car had it’s 60K maintenance so Pete is batting 1 for 3 at least.

So now comes my recourse. Fortunately, Missouri, is a “One Party Consent” State. That means that my consent of the recorded conversation permits me to “notify” myself and use our conversations and evidence in a litigious scenario.
Unfortunately, we are both going to have to retain legal counsel. I’ve already spoken to my attorney and this one is a no brainer since the recorded conversation was before I signed his agreement. We’ll see how that goes.

In summary, I would recommend not using Pete Chandler and Crest Auto Group. The car buying experience should not be stressful, contentious, misleading or dishonest. Fortunately for me, I documented and recorded EVERYTHING in dealing with Pete. I would encourage you that if you decide to use him and his “group” to RECORD and DOCUMENT everything in dealing with him.

“Caveat Emptor”

P.S. I am inclined to believe that Pete uses Photoshop or some other image altering software for his vehicles. The left side view mirror had a clear red scuff mark on it and in the vehicles description pictures, it was not there! It came off rather easily but FYI.

P.P.S. I recalled one of our conversations where he explicitly recommended that we should not do the transaction through eBay (the aution had ended by the time I was ready to buy) so I have contacted them as well. I recommended that we do it thought eBay and he specifically stated that he didn’t want to pay the $150 dollar fee! I have contacted them as well to notify them about their two faced seller.

perfect
05-26-11, 05:06 PM
Whistletips - what a complete bummer to hear. What car did you buy from them?

I'm imagining that you found this thread on the Caddy forums because of google searching "Crest Auto Group Kansas City" (or something to that affect).

Hopefully more people start looking up this craphole place and seeing how they really treat their cars and customers. I hope that you get your money back and really put the screws to him.

Houdini
05-26-11, 06:53 PM
The whistles go whoooooooooooooooooooooo

jpl_ey5cVnk

mberisha
06-01-11, 04:47 AM
All you KC Locals....is Crest still running those cheezy commercials on the weekday mornings on the local KC stations?

Whistletips....sorry to hear about your experience....sux....

perfect
06-01-11, 10:21 AM
Met,

I don't have cable any more so I don't know. I do like that if you google crest auto group KC this is the 3rd link down. Hopefully they lose a lot of business because of this.

JimmyH
06-01-11, 09:54 PM
which is why I don't buy cars online. I prefer to get scammed face to face.

Joja Boi
10-09-11, 09:38 AM
I really wish I would have seen this thread before I bought my EXT from him. Pete Chandler is SHADY!!! The truck I bought was misrepresented and when I pointed out differences, he said he would correct the problem. Since then, he has basically told me that he's not going to do anything! This guy has a HUGE reputation on misrepresenting vehicles. Check his BBB report! He has an F!!! I've filed complaints with the BBB, IFCC, and eBay. My problems aren't as bad as some of you but even still, I'm considering taking him to court anyway!

Anyone know how to post a review of crest auto group on google, yahoo, bing, and any other search engine? Hopefully people will check into it before they agree to buy from him! Lets shut his business down!!!!

kcchief
11-06-11, 11:34 AM
Dont know if this will help anyone, but they have a good sized building in a industrial area off of HighRidge Drive in Pleasant Hill MO. It is a smaller town south of KC and Lees Summit. From time to time when I drive by the doors will be open and you can see all the high end cars and motorcycles sitting inside. Caddys, hummers, vipers, vets, porsche's, suv's, harleys etc..... Also from time to time you see car haulers delivering cars and picking cars up.....

kcchief
11-06-11, 11:48 AM
http://yellowpages.examiner.net/profile_map.aspx?listingid=108190235p

info on where they are located and where they keep the vehicles...... :)

perfect
11-07-11, 01:21 AM
Dont know if this will help anyone, but they have a good sized building in a industrial area off of HighRidge Drive in Pleasant Hill MO. It is a smaller town south of KC and Lees Summit. From time to time when I drive by the doors will be open and you can see all the high end cars and motorcycles sitting inside. Caddys, hummers, vipers, vets, porsche's, suv's, harleys etc..... Also from time to time you see car haulers delivering cars and picking cars up.....

How interesting that you - an obvious KC local - somehow come to our small forum without owning a V, have no posts, registered today, found a month old thread that was probably buried 10 pages back on this forum, and immediately talk about how this shitty Crest Auto Group has porsches, vipers, and vets all stored in a warehouse nowhere near their actual sales lot - making it somehow sound like a classy place full of wonderful cars.

I've also driven by their used car lot and it's mostly consisting of a few older "decent" SUVs (Escalades and Cayennes being the main choice) and then your everyday run of the mill past-their-prime luxury cars stacked in between early 2000 chevy and ford vehicles. Absolutely nothing special.

This place is a complete scam joke and everyone should watch out when considering purchasing. Or just don't purchase at all.

Something smells a little fishy here...and I'm thinking it's the owner.

mberisha
11-08-11, 03:57 AM
Yeah....no kidding.....shaaaaaady!

perfect
11-09-11, 03:19 AM
Better Business Bureau rates them as an "F"...lol

http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/business-reviews/auto-repair-and-service/crest-auto-group-in-kansas-city-mo-99150191/

umb
12-10-11, 11:38 PM
We bought our White Diamond 08 regular wheel base Escalade from Crest Auto Group, we are here in KC and had looked at several. The truck they offered was the right price, excellent condition, and the staff was great, all things that went into the decision process for us. I am a local banker, and have the tools at my disposal to check prices and was very excited about the price they sold us the truck for, and the amount put on our trade.

We have read some of the other complaints, and that's why we went out to see them one on one. I would guess the previous reply about them being in a sketchy part of town, must have came from someone in Leawood, as they think anything out of their zip is sketchy.

Also as for the post about it being a one man shop is completely false, as on our visit we definitely saw 6 employees ourselves.

Also we looked at their BBB score, and it is clearly not an F!

Why you have wasted your time telling tales about a business is beyond me, but anyone who uses the internet can tell you have not been truthful about your statements.

Crest Auto Group treated us fairly, and we would defiantly go back again.

We would suggest for anyone to consider them.

perfect
12-11-11, 03:19 AM
blah blah blah.

Interesting that another first post comes from somebody who wants to claim that this place is a good business and insists that everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about. Yet, there are 3 or 4 different people in this thread over the last 1.5 years with similar complaints so I think any accolades from you - a completely unbiased internet citizen, I'm sure - should be taken with a grain of salt.

Everything that I've said in this thread is truthful and is easily supported by the multitude of bad experiences IN THIS VERY THREAD. Their reputation as a less-then-reputable auto business is evidenced and vocalized locally. And now, thanks to the power of the internet and forums like this (#2 link on Google for "Crest Auto Group Kansas City"!!), that same evidence will be vocalized nationally as well.

For the record - I am thrilled that you managed to have a good experience purchasing your 08 Escalade from them. Perhaps knowing that their reputation is perceived poorly online has made them reevaluate their business and how they treat customers when selling vehicles. Hopefully they continue that trend.

umb
12-12-11, 12:14 PM
I am guessing that "perfect" is either an ex employee, or someone with an excessive amount of time on their hands.

Everyone in this post with something to say about Crest, besides the one who started it and "perfect" only have one post and the post came the day they started their account.

I am sure that with Crest knowing about this site, and it being completely one sided, that anyone who looks and or buys from Crest will make a statement.

Maybe perfect should make a trip out to them and see he is not being truthful about them, they do not have a lot, everything is warehoused, ad they DO NOT sell old Fords and GMs. The day we visited them, they had a Viper, Prowler, and two M3s in the showroom. One warehouse was stacked with Audis BMWs Mercedes, and Cadillacs, The second warehouse is loaded up with Harleys, ATV's and other misc toys.

Please do not take my word for this or "perfects" look at the website for them (crestautogroup.net), and look at current inventory, and sold inventory, that alone should show your perfect has no idea what he is talking about.

Perfect, why would you spend so much time on something you have no connection with, from reading your post you have not bought from them, and have NO first hand experience with them?