: The most PRISTINE 1984 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance EVER!

ga_etc
06-10-10, 02:39 AM
This car is absolutely amazing. :drool: Pristine in every way. You couldn't ask for a more magnificent example. The only problem, is the price. A little unrealistic I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Brougham-DeElegance-495-Miles-/150451861331?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2307a13753

MudAnt
06-10-10, 02:56 AM
I knew it would be this one when I read the title. I looked at all the pictures last night, it truly is flawless. I think the gas tank looks really weird without the undercoating on it though. At least spray it black..

Ian6
06-10-10, 04:18 AM
I'm still trying to pick my jaw up

Warren_R
06-10-10, 04:19 AM
They're asking that much?? :eek: I'd give them about 1/4 of asking price (in my dreams) ((maybe))

Aron9000
06-10-10, 04:26 AM
Simply Stunning!!!! Nice color combo too along with the velour seating, that is what really makes it special IMO.

Also, were 1984 Cadillacs still built at the Clark Street plant in Detroit that did nothing but Cadillacs????

I can tell a difference on the build quality between that car and my 1991 that was assembled in Arlington TX. All the trim pieces and body gaps line up straighter on that car IMO.

outsider
06-10-10, 08:39 AM
it's nice but I like my 87 better and I would never even dream of asking 45K for it if i'd sell!

wow, talk about over priced

Cadillacboy
06-10-10, 11:50 AM
It's for sure an overpriced one for a HT4100 .That cool car came with the FUEL Data as well. That was a rare option I guess

jayoldschool
06-10-10, 12:00 PM
That cool car came with the FUEL Data as well. That was a rare option I guess

Standard from 81-85.

Cadillacboy
06-10-10, 12:03 PM
Standard from 81-85.

Thanks for correction :)
I can't help but meditate why on earth our rides deleted this option
:hide:

77CDV
06-10-10, 03:45 PM
46K?!? He needs to get off the crack pipe!

sven914
06-10-10, 04:34 PM
I don't care how rich I ever become, I never want to own a car that clean and original. The sound of the depreciation would be deafening every time you wipe the dust off the paint, or put the key in the door, or take it off the jack stands. And the day I trailer it to a car show, two miles away, I'd be popping Xanax like pez.

I'd much rather invest my fortune in some 200,000 mile wreck and restore it to original quality.

The-Dullahan
06-10-10, 04:51 PM
Just mentioned this car in my Opera Light thread. She's Beautiful...but too bad she's not black.

Anyone else listen to classic music? I hit the link to view the car again, right as this was playing (someplace around 1:35 or so, methinks) and it synced pretty well. There are better songs, but this was close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX6LjPvXV4I

Sorry Mods, just thought this thread needed a theme.

Lord Cadillac
06-10-10, 05:50 PM
This car is absolutely amazing. :drool: Pristine in every way. You couldn't ask for a more magnificent example. The only problem, is the price. A little unrealistic I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Brougham-DeElegance-495-Miles-/150451861331?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2307a13753
That really is amazing. I love the velour seats.. The interior lights are all working perfectly.. Very, very nice...

ga_etc
06-10-10, 05:53 PM
I don't care how rich I ever become, I never want to own a car that clean and original. The sound of the depreciation would be deafening every time you wipe the dust off the paint, or put the key in the door, or take it off the jack stands. And the day I trailer it to a car show, two miles away, I'd be popping Xanax like pez.

I'd much rather invest my fortune in some 200,000 mile wreck and restore it to original quality.

That's pretty much how I feel about the car. It is drop dead gorgeous and re-establishes my desire for this body style, but it would drive me crazy to just look at it and never drive it. I'm not certain that I would want to drive it that much anyway, since it has the 4100 in it...

My dream is to find this body style and do a tasteful resto-mod. :thumbsup:

Aron9000
06-10-10, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I'm way too OCD to own that car. You'd have to have a special garage to store that in, somewhere where you don't have your lawnmower, bikes, and shelves with random crap on them that could fall off and hit the car.

Its one of those things that is really cool to look at in a car show. It would drive me nuts knowing that even driving it 4-5 times a year and putting a couple hundred miles on it a year would completely destroy the value.

ga_etc
06-10-10, 09:40 PM
It's a spectacular example of that era car, but I don't see how it's worth 2x what the car sold for new in '84.

bicentennialcadillac
06-10-10, 10:27 PM
Mr. Garrett has exquisite taste.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-10-10, 10:28 PM
If I was rich enough, I'd pay full price for it, and store it in a garage all by it's self. It's truly like owning a brand new 1984 FWB D'Elegance.

Matt Garrett is my hero. How he comes across this stuff is beyond me.

ga_etc
06-10-10, 10:52 PM
It IS a brand new 1984. And yes, he does have an amazing collection.

pompste
06-10-10, 11:04 PM
That is a beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful ride! The price is a bit absurd.Then again,there may be someone out there with deep enough pockets to pay that price.
Only flaw is the dreaded HT4100 engine.

codewize
06-10-10, 11:41 PM
How do you even keep a car that clean. That would have had to been in a climate controlled garage for the last 26 years.

The-Dullahan
06-11-10, 12:18 AM
How do you even keep a car that clean. That would have had to been in a climate controlled garage for the last 26 years.

Exactly. That's because somebody not only had the cash FOR the garage and the car, but had the cash to only drive it back and forth to the mechanic for preventive maintenance for the last 26 years, having owned a bunch of other cars, all with low miles and high price tags.

77CDV
06-11-10, 02:35 AM
Just mentioned this car in my Opera Light thread. She's Beautiful...but too bad she's not black.

Anyone else listen to classic music? I hit the link to view the car again, right as this was playing (someplace around 1:35 or so, methinks) and it synced pretty well. There are better songs, but this was close.
YouTube- Two Steps From Hell - Enigmatic Soul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX6LjPvXV4I)

Sorry Mods, just thought this thread needed a theme.

I'm as much a fan of Gregorian chant and Celtic voice as anyone, but that's a bit overproduced. Sorry. :hide:

As for theme music for Mr. Garrett's time capsule, you just can't beat this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJsKUcL1Wk

Bro-Ham
06-14-10, 11:21 PM
someone was apparently hitting the crack pipe - am I drunk or did that auction result actually show that car sold for 46k $'s? :) As we would say in the car business: there's a butt for every seat. :)

codewize
06-14-10, 11:44 PM
Probably bought in

albymangled
06-15-10, 01:14 AM
That guy has a wonderful collection of cars and the one in question is undeniably pristine but I'm afraid it just isn't the one I would pick. Money aside there are cars I would rather drive on that site. In my humble opinion. buying cars and just storing them to say "look what I've got" completely defeats their intended purpose and proves very little. Cars like some of these would of course be invaluable to restorers and historians. At the end of the day if I can't take it out and drive it then WTF good is it to me?

sven914
06-15-10, 01:51 AM
^Exactly... There's absolutely no point in owning something that you cannot enjoy. If you're never going to drive a car, the least you can do is put it on display in a classic car museum or a public area where others can enjoy it. Much better than locking it away in some concrete tomb, where it will only see the light of day twice every other leap year.

77CDV
06-15-10, 02:02 AM
Twice? That seems like excessive use to me. :rolleyes:

Warren_R
06-15-10, 07:09 AM
Agree with alby, Dave, & Sven -- with points added for comment re that awful HT4100 :)
Even if I had that much cash floating around, no way I'd cough up 2x - 3x the original price for something that I wouldn't be able or willing to drive & enjoy :bouncy:

If by any chance I did, I'd have to admit that ego would be the propellant. :bighead:

Is the bottom line here that value is as much perceived as actual, or vice versa?