: How would you like it?

Driven2slow
06-09-10, 04:57 PM
I have a weakness for red interiors on black cars. Im thinking about doing my seats in red. Do you think it would look better to do the suede in red or the leather in red? What are you thoughts on red seats in the V? Of course I would actually buy an extra set of seats before doing this. Maybe also doing the stitching on the shifter boot in red to match.

junoreactor
06-09-10, 05:30 PM
I'd do that in a heartbeat if it wasn't cost intensive. I don't think there is anyone around me either that I'd trust to do stiching and that. It's kind of a tossup between red suede or red leather. I think I'd want to switch every couple of days LOL.

shadybx7
06-09-10, 05:51 PM
i would do red suede inserts... i got quote'd 1300$ for a custom steering wheel in :swayyyyyyyde:.. i cant even imagine how much to replace all the inserts with red.. good luck i hope you pull the trigger and post pics

Driven2slow
06-09-10, 06:58 PM
i would do red suede inserts... i got quote'd 1300$ for a custom steering wheel in :swayyyyyyyde:.. i cant even imagine how much to replace all the inserts with red.. good luck i hope you pull the trigger and post pics

$1300 for a custom steering wheel!!!!!!!! For that much it better be a heated and cooled steering wheel.

I was also thinking of the red suede inserts. Like the G8GT has red in the center, its leather not suede.

MauiV
06-09-10, 07:28 PM
One of the local dealers had a used STS-V with red inserts on black interior with red stitching on a black car. Honestly it looked total hood rat ghettofied IMO but whatever you wants to do, its your ride and your money.

My suede is wearing pretty bad on the drivers seat (105k miles) and I have an upholstery hook up and have thought about doing black faux suede inserts to replace on my camel interior since the dash and doors are all black and so are my V mats.

BTW, what happened to the :suede: auto text?

Driven2slow
06-09-10, 08:19 PM
One of the local dealers had a used STS-V with red inserts on black interior with red stitching on a black car. Honestly it looked total hood rat ghettofied IMO but whatever you wants to do, its your ride and your money.

My suede is wearing pretty bad on the drivers seat (105k miles) and I have an upholstery hook up and have thought about doing black faux suede inserts to replace on my camel interior since the dash and doors are all black and so are my V mats.

BTW, what happened to the :suede: auto text?

I saw the red inserts on the sts-v, the reason i think it looks bad is cause the red on the center counsel. If its just the red is only on the suede inserts and maybe the smaller door inserts, than it would look good.

Twitch
06-10-10, 08:30 AM
... i got quote'd 1300$ for a custom steering wheel in :swayyyyyyyde:..
:eek:
I was thinking about that,,,,,,guess I don't have to think about it anymore

c4ss
06-10-10, 06:53 PM
:yeah:

You could always suede the headliner like me....:eek:

I love it and so do the ladies :eyebrow: