: Eastern Florida: RIP? (Hurricane Frances)

BeelzeBob
08-29-04, 05:51 PM
Hurricane Frances, already a Category 4 hurricane, looks to be heading straight toward either South East or Mid East Florida - probably hitting land Friday night or very early Saturday morning. The thing I find interesting about this hurricane is - it's already a Category 4 and it's not even done building up yet. Maximum sustained winds are at 135 miles per hour and it's probably not going to hit land until the Bahamas - if you can even consider that land enough to weaken the storm. If this Hurricane doesn't change direction, we're in for trouble.

Keep an eye on the storm... (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/302053W5.gif

BeelzeBob
08-29-04, 06:17 PM
Here's a few pictures that I took with my cell phone from Hurricane Charlie. These pictures are from Orlando...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-29-04, 06:33 PM
sal rideing shot gun in a passat

yah , makes me wonder if tampa will get this one (tho not the storm surge) charlie reatained alot of power as it moved inland ...

Its nice these things always hit on weekends

caddyshack24
08-29-04, 07:20 PM
sal rideing shot gun in a passat
lol

crap fellas. again? damnit. most of Orlando just got power back too.

BeelzeBob
08-29-04, 07:22 PM
Close! But that was a Jetta. :D My Fiance owns a Passat but we weren't in it. I wonder where Frances is going to go. If it goes through to the West, I think it's still going to be strong.. If I'm not mistaken, Charlie hit the West Coast of Florida as a Category 4. It rolled through Orlando as a Category 3. This is probably going to be a Category 4 as it hits the east coast...

At any cost, the right side of a hurricane is always stronger than the left side. So, we'll (in West Palm Beach) probably get the weaker winds... I wonder how this hurricane will play out...

caddyshack24
08-29-04, 07:57 PM
i think its gonna hit anywhere from Melbourne (those little island on the east coast, mid way) to the GA line. chances are though, Orlando dead on. Those islands wont slow it down a bit, or atleast anything that it cant recover.

Whats kinda scary, Charlie might have left a few places unstructually sound. loosened up all those tree's roots and whatnot.

the cat3 was ready to break my windows, it might have if our building was facing the other way. dont know, what do you all say?

BeelzeBob
08-29-04, 11:30 PM
Well. It looks like it's being predicted to go north of us. Here's the latest prediction:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/302053W5.gif

RBraczyk
08-29-04, 11:43 PM
Good luck to you guys.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-30-04, 12:00 AM
good thing they dont try to fly that overgrown rusty garbage can called a "space shuttle" anymore

ShadowLvr400
08-30-04, 12:11 AM
RIP? Pfft. We've been dealing with these for years, we just took Charley, and we're woken up a bit more now. Francis will get no kills.

Ralph
08-30-04, 12:32 AM
$2,44 for a pack of Camels!! We pat 10 bucks for a pack of cigs here and more than half goes to the govt. :rant2:

Sal, you haven't had much luck avoiding these storms in Florida since you just moved there.

Shadow, nice car in your avatar, what color is that?

Good luck down there everyone!

majax
08-30-04, 05:06 AM
Wow only $42.35 for a room at the Quality Suites!! By the way I thought it was a Passat to that Sal was in, I should of known I got a good friend with one. the worst winds I have ever been in were about 80mph and you can barely stand up at that speed, I remeber waitin through a tornadoy storm in our '77 Coupe DeVille several years ago. The car barely moved if any hahaha. Good luck with another storm, I just dont get it why people in Flordia get their houses knocked down then they build again in the same place and it gets blown down again(or damage greatly)? :hmm: oh well if they got the money :D

yeah shadowlvr is that a new car of yours the one in the avatar?

Good luck and bless ya'll in flordia.

airbalancer
08-30-04, 06:08 AM
[QUOTE=Ralph]$2,44 for a pack of Camels!! We pat 10 bucks for a pack of cigs here and more than half goes to the govt. :rant2:

Sal, you haven't had much luck avoiding these storms in Florida since you just moved there.

Let it go $20 a pack I would be happy!
There must be a lot of autobody shop there to fix the cars after the storms

majax
08-30-04, 04:50 PM
On the Indian reservations around my area, we use to always pull over and stop at the cigarette shops off the highway and get my grandmother a whole box of cigarettes for like $20. She smoked Caprice Lights hahaha.

Ralph
08-30-04, 04:55 PM
On the Indian reservations around my area, we use to always pull over and stop at the cigarette shops off the highway and get my grandmother a whole box of cigarettes for like $20. She smoked Caprice Lights hahaha.

A carton is about 70-90 bucks I think here. I wish I could go to the "urban reserves" we have here right in town! Natives can get gas, cigs, and food cheaper with no tax, but they have to have a "treaty card" to get these discounts, etc. :crying:

BeelzeBob
08-30-04, 05:19 PM
Majax.. That was the "hurricane" rate. All the hotels were less expensive for awhile after the storm..

Anyway. The storm is falling back to the South. It was originally predicted to head directly toward Orlando. Now it looks like it's heading directly toward Fort Pierce or maybe as low as Port Saint Lucie. Still, these are only predictions and there's no way to tell for certain where it's going to hit. The storm has intensified a bit - back to 125 mile per hour steady winds - with gusts higher than that...

Frances is currently a strong Category 3 hurricane - 6mph away from being a Category 4.

BeelzeBob
08-31-04, 08:06 AM
The storm has been upgraded to a Category 4 with 135mph winds - gusts much stronger...

daacon
08-31-04, 10:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you guys - Man the east coast has taken enough of a beating this year ....go away Frances :want:

BeelzeBob
08-31-04, 02:52 PM
Upgraded winds now at 140mph - 15mph shy of Category 5...

BeelzeBob
08-31-04, 05:33 PM
If anyone's interested in helping me out with a little side-project that could turn-out to be very useful for people, let me know. It's at http://www.hurricanetalk.com

Slick V
09-01-04, 11:20 PM
Yup, we are looking for some fun down here.

illumina
09-02-04, 12:10 AM
geezus...i feel bad for you florida folks.

FLSurf420
09-02-04, 07:40 AM
im getting ready right now just gotta find my screwdriver again.

Vesicant
09-02-04, 09:23 PM
Just got into a new house, and its in a new neighborhood... there is construction all around. Being that this hurricane (if predicted correctly for once!) will pass close to Jacksonville.. yargh. Only things worried about: our safety and the cars. The house... its a brand new one (we're still renting), and its still under manufacturer warranty. We did buy some water though, two full cases of bottled stuff. Got our grill w/side burner for food cooking.

Only time will tell. :rolleyes2

RBraczyk
09-02-04, 09:31 PM
Good luck you guys, again

tru504187211
09-02-04, 10:18 PM
http://younggotti.no-ip.org./Personal/FunPictures/ChrisAndMe.jpg

A toast to Mr. Johnson...stay safe in Orlando.

FLSurf420
09-02-04, 11:10 PM
well mostly all the people relize this will probably hit, but theres another system moving closer for us. so once this passes over you cant put ur guard down.

caddyshack24
09-02-04, 11:45 PM
hey floridians.. watch out for those puddles, dont get hydrolocked. engine gone. game over. ease threw them or push. i can help, happened to me during hurricane Charlie. Dont start the car until you remove the spark plugs. blow out the water from the cylinders. If you have comprehensive coverage though.. screw it, do what ya want.. its covered :)

Washed the caddy today, if i get bored im gonna pimp it to SC. pass out in a cornfield. hard telling with me. So im sipping my drinky winky ready to ride this mug out. What about you folks? If you answer this.. chances are you're doing the same. I think we'll be alriight.. drop those meats on the grill, no wasting!

Later, gonna see what my city is up to.

Playdrv4me
09-03-04, 01:38 AM
Late readings have the storm dropping in Intensity somewhat to about 125mph, or Category 3. It is expected to regain strength, and quite possibly become as big as a 5! (It has some very warm water to go over yet.)

I used to live in Tampa, and quite frankly, I think Tampa will have alot of trouble with this one, especially south Tampa, and the south Dale Mabry hwy because of just how easy that whole area floods. My friend still lives at the lighthouse bay apartments where I used to live, and he held through for Charlie (he had lived in KS his whole life prior to 2002). I hope everyone does OK in this one too.

BeelzeBob
09-03-04, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking it was kinda premature to evacuate - with the storm being a weak Category 3 now.. I think it may even get down to a strong Category 2 by the time it hits. But, I was evacuated yesterday.. I'll probably be back home sometime on Monday - and I'm guessing everything will be alright.. I REALLY didn't want to leave - but my Fiance freaked when she heard about the evacuations.

T_Dogg8
09-03-04, 12:38 PM
where are you at now??

what happens with work on things like that?? do you get extra days off or do you have to use sick/personal days?? or leave without pay??

ShadowLvr400
09-03-04, 12:47 PM
Most workplaces are closed. It's unpaid, but unpunished days off usually.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-03-04, 02:06 PM
Getting ready to go on a 3 day drunk , dont give a damn about no wind

With a little hope my job and school will blow away with it along with a game playing lady i know

caddyshack24
09-03-04, 07:19 PM
ill drink to that stoneage. ive got a fridge full, cooler full and stomach full. enough to last until i can get some more. bitchs.. pfffth
im hoping the bill collecters get blown away also.

i asked my bank if they were open. they said no. closed for the storm.
said "nah, you'll be wide ass open" .. jk, but i thought that

storm is weak!! im gonna see if i can urinate horizontally

PurpleDeville
09-04-04, 06:25 PM
after frances pounds the whole state, we then get to look forward to ivan? he'll be knocking on out doors as well! i live near tampa and nothing has hit us YET but taccording to the news it will be shortly. we should be seeing some of the bands coming this way tonight. the eye of the storm is still out in the water and gaining its eye back and possibly strength. this one is HUGE!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
09-05-04, 10:47 AM
Lots of wind here , apprently a tornado touched down over the night in my county . Didnt get much sleep last night , spent most of it outside looking for tornados and flying cadillacs ...

Tho watching birds fall out of the sky is cool , they start to make ground and then another gust would come up and send them packing backwards . Only the osprey is able to cope , even then its not very pretty , he looks like hes drinking more than me

Stoneage_Caddy
09-05-04, 11:55 AM
Getting pretty damn active here , storms fitting to hit us dead on or a little bit south ....

Goinbg back outside , keeping an eye on the caddy in case i loose a window in it , then i can catch it before it gets too wet in there ....Stupid new construction.....