: Automatic Door Locking

iaincr
06-08-10, 05:43 AM
has anyone been able to get the car locked automatically (I know when I have travelled in a saab in canada the door locks a few seconds after the car starts moving)/

Interestingly if you look at the Cadillac BLS brochure it lists as a feature
"power door locks with programmable automatic locking"

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/pdf/Cadillac_en.pdf
page 10.

I didnt ever manage to get the proper cadillac service and warranty book through motorpoint, trying with GM europe direct now.

S70RMP
06-08-10, 02:10 PM
I wanted this when I got mine

I asked at the 1st service if this could be done but they couldn't find
how to do it.

I'd like this feature.

BlackBox
06-09-10, 01:21 AM
I'm missing that too....

Maybe it is just a code thing in the general control unit.
It is amazing what other manufacturers do in / with this black box. Some even just program the differences for the country versions in this box.

Even amazing: if you lock the car with the button you can't open the door from the inside if you use the normal open handle! In most cars I know this is no problem. Safety issue?
Thought already about a second button for locking / unlocking at the co-passenger door panel....

Thorsten

bigcul1
06-09-10, 10:47 AM
The Tech 2 system used at Cadillac Dealerships should be able to reprogram the door lock system. If you have a google search for Saab tech 2 lists on the forums there are literally hundereds of different settings. Am sure the Cadillac options are as detailed.

bigcul1
06-09-10, 11:24 AM
The Tech 2 system used at Cadillac Dealerships should be able to reprogram the door lock system. If you have a google search for Saab tech 2 lists on the forums there are literally hundereds of different settings. Am sure the Cadillac options are as detailed.

Peter K
06-09-10, 12:27 PM
Hi iaincr,
When I bought my BLS from Motorpoint I also had problems getting the hand books from Motorpoint, so bought set from Stratstone cost me 60. Did not give up fighting Motorpoint and after many months i finally got the full pack inc blank service book in nice wallet. Are you interesting in buying from me for 40 + postage, if so please call me on 07590 255097
regards
Pete

ExRPO1
08-18-10, 04:32 PM
I realise I've mentioned this in my 'too good to be true' post, but for those that haven't read it, I've just had the auto lock feature enabled on mine on its first service. Apparently, not available on all models of the BLS. The trick is to ask if you want it enabled.

BlackBox
08-19-10, 03:35 AM
Hey,

thanks for sharing this info!

I know what is on my list for the first service.

Thorsten