: The Cost of the Little Things

scurling
06-07-10, 04:05 PM
The price of keeping the older cars looking nice is not getting cheaper. For months I've been driving with a rear bumper reflector smashed. I know, it's a little thing, but still gives the car that "hoopty" look. Finally went to the Chevy dealer and surprisingly was able to order one. They only cost $47.00 plus tax.

Also, found some of the fender skirt guide post plastic inserts. I've been using electrical tape wrapped around the post for a few years to prevent metal to metal contact. These are also discontinued. After a nationwide search, my dealer found 4 ea. at another dealer in Wisconsin. They only cost $7.85 each. There are another 2 each at a dealer in Michigan. I'll let someone else buy them.

deVille33
06-08-10, 09:20 AM
Lucky You, with a partsman who's willing to do some research for you.

cadillac_al
06-08-10, 08:11 PM
I have to drive past my local dealer to a dealer in another town to get good service. It's always worth the ride. There are friendly knowledgeable parts men out there if you look long enough. Sometimes that new stuff is priced pretty reasonable.

thefleetwoodguy
06-09-10, 01:56 AM
buy good used parts, and save $$$
all i do is 93-96 fltwd brghms
...............................................Jim

flaledude
06-13-10, 10:07 PM
yea, most of the time i can get parts online, i never seem to have any luck at dealerships or the like.