: Trade in 2008 Esclade for 2010 SRX--any thoughts

drjdan
06-06-10, 11:44 PM
I currenly have a 2008 Escalde and a 2008 STS. I have had two Escaldes and like them just fine. I used to have a need to carry loads at times. Now I still carry stuff at times, but not nearing as much. I am currently driving an SRX loan car while my STS is in the shop being serviced. I am considering getting an SRX when my Escalde lease runs out in November. Any anyone gone from Escalde to SRX? Any thoughts?

evois
06-07-10, 01:43 AM
the SRX is the chevy equinox twin.

kars79
06-07-10, 03:03 AM
I wouldn't do it.
It might seem fun to drive for a couple days but I doubt you will like it in a long run.
I liked the srx when my escalade was getting a warranty work done for couple days.
When I picked up my escalade I realized it's totally a different world from srx.
So much nicer.
No offend to anybody but I feel like new srx kind a looks like a chick car.

hcvone
06-07-10, 07:13 AM
I have 3 Escalade's and 2 SRX's (2006 V6 and 2008 V8), I really like the SRX's, the V8 is a great truck, the V6 is ok for driving around the city but lacks power on the highway. They gave me a 2010 SRX to drive and while the interior is nice, the exterior looks like most of the new small SUV's, boring and the new truck lacks power too. For my needs an SRX could never do the job of an Escalade, or even come close.

Big Windy Ext
06-07-10, 07:22 AM
I had an 2010 SRX loaner last weekend , I was disappointed with how hard a ride it had , lack of ooomph in the 3.0 and a parade of broken things , lift gate, console , chimes for no reason . The tire/wheel combo was small also . I guess I know why I drive what I drive for a reason .

TSS
06-07-10, 09:11 AM
the SRX is the chevy equinox twin.

In the same sense that the Tahoe is the Lade twin. You truly notice the differences in side by side drives. The SRX is a different animal in terms of real world feel. I may get one for my wife in the Fall.

With that said, I went from having several full size GM SUVs (Tahoes) to a last generation (2006) AWD v8 SRX. I could never get used to the smaller SUV. So, I got my 07 Lade. Turned that in a fewmonths ago off lease and picked up an 09 Impala SS. Making the switch back to a car was actually easier than making the switch to the smaller SUV. I do have a point here: :yup: Going from a large SUV to a smaller SUV is a lot tougher than it seems, even if you no longer have the need for the large one. Just my 2 cents.

evois
06-07-10, 05:04 PM
In the same sense that the Tahoe is the Lade twin. You truly notice the differences in side by side drives. The SRX is a different animal in terms of real world feel. I may get one for my wife in the Fall.

This would be my first GMT800 body and immediately got the escalade. so, I don't know how the tahoe or the yukon rides but had a suburban for a rental. my escalade hybrid rides just like the LX570 because of the magnetic ride control(?). according to the C&D report, they did not like it as well as the turboed one.