: Advice on splitting headlights?

814V
06-06-10, 06:52 PM
Getting ready to pull the headlights off. Anyone have any pointers or advice on splitting them?

deedubb
06-06-10, 07:05 PM
Sorry, no advice...but definitely subscribing!

814V
06-06-10, 07:07 PM
I'm going for it. After my car got hit yesterday it will be on the dl for a few days. Gives me some free time to get this done.

ctsv154
06-06-10, 07:46 PM
Let us know how it goes! I'm very interested.

c4ss
06-06-10, 08:06 PM
:yeah:

shadybx7
06-06-10, 08:15 PM
noice. strip everything you can off the headlight.. throw it on a baking sheet lense down .. when i baked my fogs the OEM lense looked the same after having them face down on the baking tray
heat the oven to 305 degrees for about 9 minutes works well. Remember, preheat the oven and then once you put the light in there, turn the oven off. i go this off my tacoma sight. people bake those all the time and paint the inside with Krylon Fusion.. used a few flat heads or pudy knives to wedge the lense and headlight apart

814V
06-06-10, 09:14 PM
noice. strip everything you can off the headlight.. throw it on a baking sheet lense down .. when i baked my fogs the OEM lense looked the same after having them face down on the baking tray i go this off my tacoma sight. people bake those all the time and paint the inside with Krylon Fusion.. used a few flat heads or pudy knives to wedge the lense and headlight apart

Awesome thanks. I am in the process of taking the front of my car off to get the lights out. Because my car will be in the paint shop later this week I am gonna give the lights to them to paint at the same time. I will definitely keep you all updated

ELES6CTS
06-08-10, 02:08 AM
Keep us updated. I have never done this, but when I had my 350Z several of those guys did it with no problems. I just have never felt that confident in doing the process and was always worried about not re-sealing them correctly. The only advice I can give is don't use a hammer, hahaha

814V
06-08-10, 04:37 AM
I will definitely keep everyone updated. Car is in the body shop right now. Will post up pics as soon as I start the baking process ha ha

814V
06-10-10, 04:55 PM
Hey guys I just picked up my car from the body shop this morning and it looks great. This weekend I am gonna try and tackle the headlights. Depends on how motivated I am and if its 3000 degrees outside.

rangerrob
06-10-10, 05:31 PM
get ur done and post pics!

EdmundGTP
06-10-10, 07:39 PM
Supposed to be "cool", and by "cool" I mean less than 100, this weekend. I plan on devoting some serious time to detailing the car friday night/ saturday morning.