: Must read before buying another Caddy.

ronlv
08-29-04, 12:50 PM
My Lund Cadillac buying experience.

My 03 CTS was advertised on Ebay listing# 2484822109 with 9100 miles and in excellent condition with a full factory warranty and with a condition guarantee and also a money back guarantee.

When i received the car it had 10100 miles and they had me sign an odometer form that had 8359 miles, stating that the form had to stay that way and could not be changed.(odometer fraud)

There were a few other concerns I had about the car, but the salesman told me its no problem, take it into your local dealer and they will take care of it under warranty.

The next morning(saturday) I took the car into my local dealer, on monday when they gave me the car back they said, damage to the front end is not a defect, front end has all pannels under car missing, has damage to right front wheel well and headlites and front fasha are not installed correct, looks like it has been hit on the right front side and had poor body work performed, can not warranty any body damage or missing parts.

Thus the vehicle was grossly misrepresented(which is consumer fraud), it had higher mileage, front end damage, and did not have the full factory warranty that was advertised.

I immediatly contacted Lund Cadillac and told them we do not want this car because of the things we found out about it. They (2 diffrent salesman, that suposedly talked to management) said no problem we will take care of it and they would order me a new car and take this one back.

Its been over a month now and they have not took care of the problem and they ignore all my phone calls, emails, and even a letter to the owner. :banghead:

They currently are running over thirty ads with the same type of advertising, Buyer beware.

I have filed complaints with the BBB, FTC, AZ Attorney General, GM Cadillac and I am now seeking legal representation.

I can not believe what you have to go thru to make a company do the right thing. :confused:

If anyone knows of anything else that can help please let me know.

Thanks, Ron

ben72227
08-29-04, 08:42 PM
I hate to sound like an ******* here :suspense: , but it probably would have helped if you had done a CARFAX vin check on the car first. (I'm guessing its a used CTS from the mileage and the damage) so a CAR FAX would have told you all of that stuff in advance. Anyways, hope everything works out for you Ron. Good Luck.

ronlv
08-29-04, 10:10 PM
Been there done that.

Its a clean carfax.

So I to would like to know were the miles and damage came from.

All I got to say is when dealing with Lund buyer beware.

Later, Ron

c5 rv
08-29-04, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope Lund does right by you.

My son and I made the mistake of buying a car for him "at a great deal" without getting it inspected. The $1500 he spent on the car ballooned to over $3000 in a couple of months of untimely failures. A half hour visit with our mechanic would have made all the difference.

ronlv
08-30-04, 12:55 AM
I bought this car from Lund over the internet and phone and I thought that with a large dealership and strong guarantees I would be alright.

I was wrong.

I will never do a major purchase that way again.

Lesson learned. :banghead:

Later, Ron

juiceE
08-30-04, 02:17 PM
Car Fax Is Not Sure Fire At All

caddydaddy
08-30-04, 03:14 PM
CarFax has the $5000 clean report gaurantee or something similar to that. I'd check into it, you may get some money from them, since the car definetely doesn't have a clean history!

ronlv
08-31-04, 01:59 AM
Carfax has some pretty stringent rules, to try and collect on their guarantee is almost impossible.

I have looked into that as well.

Thanks for the info.

Later, Ron

ronlv
09-18-04, 01:22 AM
still the same crap diffrent day

going on two months in a few more days

later, ron

silver bullet
10-19-04, 02:04 PM
If you have proof of the milage missrepresention it is a federal offence and you should have a good lawsuit against them. Good luck.

BeelzeBob
10-19-04, 05:12 PM
There's still nobody returning your calls?

barge master
10-19-04, 09:05 PM
A CARFAX isn't going to tell you if a car got banged up on some dark night and someone didn't want to report it to their insurance co. to fix. The "repairs" could have been done by any fly by night at any time. How is CARFAX gonna know?

an01sts
10-20-04, 01:48 AM
You have to do your homework, and you cannot do homework when buying sight unseen on eBay. Odomoter fraud? If I can borrow a prase, I'm not trying to be an @$$, but you parcipated in the act. You knew it was wrong, yet you participated in the act. Of course it's like comparing fresh apples to rotton oranges, but if you knowingly bought stolen merchanside, then had a complaint about the product or the way in which it was handled, you'de be in a compromised position.

The timeline will prove that is was about 5 minutes ago, I posted at things to watch for when buying a used car. Just after my comment about a smoker's car, take a look at the first thing I wrote about low mileage cars.

I also mentioned that you should look the car over for collision damage. You saw the damage and you aint Carfax. Read my post at buying used cars and maybe you can spot other damages.

As far as law suits: Nothing is set in stone when dealing in the leagle system: Little infractions can net serious punisments, and in the same breath out of the same judge, 30 year old man can rape a dozen 12 year old girls and walk away with counseling and 6 months unsupervised probation.

With that, let's look at what can be called the standard leagl outcome--if there is such a thing. As a rule of thumb, the court's job is to correct wrongs. The right and worng, notwitstanding, you have damages that need to be corrected, and it's a few parts. The thing is that it's almost impossible to prove that they knew about the damage. In other words, you cannot prove that the persons involved knew about the damage. The defense is simply, we overlooked it. If some disastrous result occured because of their overlooked negligence, there could be serious penalty. The thing is that their negligence--that you cannot prove was intentional--resluted in you needing replacment parts, and those parts have nothing to do with safety.

What's a lawyer going to tell you? I don't know, but I do know that s/he will get his/her money, wheter it's from the dealership, you, or overinflated write off, if done pro-bono. Whatever the result, s/he will win, so keep that in mind whenever consulting a lawyer.

Carfax!?!?! You actually belive that those people know something about cars? Getting compensation from them? The same thing applies: It's almost impossible to hold an inspector of any sort liable for honest oversights. I haven't read whatever they put out, but it's my best guess that they have a not responsible for honest mistakes. (I need to make a post about what a waste of time Carfax is, so it doesn't get lost, hidden in a reply.

Unless you're into throwing away money, ask that they fix the car, if it were fixed to your satisfaction, you wouldn't have a problem. It does turn into a problem, however, when you want a new car. If the car was correct, I doubt that you overpaid for it. Then again maybe so because I noticed that--often--it's an eBay tradition for people to pay higher than retail for products.

ronlv
10-20-04, 09:03 PM
Lund Cadillac says they have ordered me a new car(faxed me proof and gave me vin#) and that it is on the way.

They said they will give me a full refund on the one i have now.

They said that everything is being taken care of.

This problem should be over with soon. I will keep you posted of the out come.

Later, Ron

chevyorange
11-08-04, 04:56 PM
Just for kicks, because I have a 30 day subscrip to Carfax, I checked out a nice STS on eBay yesterday and carfax run and there was odometer rollback! About 20k miles the last two years!

Adam

ronlv
01-22-05, 12:38 PM
finally got our new cts from lund after several months of runaround

it was bs right up to the end

i will never purchase from them agian

later, ron