: Dead Man's Chest

The-Dullahan
06-06-10, 02:31 AM
Drink and The Devil had done for the rest.

So, my Sicilian Grandfather has contacted me about an associate of his who has died a bit back and apparently, has a wonderful 1985 Brougham D'elegance that I can get an excellent deal on (probably lower than $500). My Uncle (Whom I have no actual relation to) who is a mechanic is going to look into it, though he always did the work on the man's cars and tells me that it always ran great. The car also has a Leather interior (black, not burgundy to steal for my own car). No idea what the outside colour is, most likely black, as most black interiors on these old Cadillacs had black exteriors around them...and I this began me to thinking...

This possibly means one of two things in my near future.

Either I end up getting a 350 for my Brougham, or give into The Cadillac Curse and against all logic and reason, I get another car altogether.

Thus, for now, concludes our tale of The Dead Man's Bounty.

sven914
06-06-10, 03:08 AM
Got yer rum right here.

http://www.lilysbar.co.uk/custom/captainmorgan.jpg

Aside from the 4100, a nice clean Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance for $500 sounds like a dream come true. I'd consider it money in the bank, as you can sell it for shear profit. So you can't get a 350 this month, you can buy a 500 next year with the $4000 you're going to make off the car (if it's as perfect as it seems).

The-Dullahan
06-06-10, 01:00 PM
I have learned that fortune rarely shines upon me, it's the Family Curse.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. However, if the car is in good enough condition and I opt not to keep it, I will switch engines with it and sell it.

Also, Rum is Lady-Liquor.

http://images.send.com/125206_big.jpg

77CDV
06-06-10, 11:44 PM
^If it's not at least 21 years old, I'll not drink it.

Black leather could be ordered with any color exterior (everything goes with black). Red, white, and dark blue are also common colors to see with a black interior. Let us know how this "offer you don't refuse" turns out.

The-Dullahan
06-07-10, 12:38 AM
I prefer my whiskey older than that myself, but as with the pictured rum, I needed a common brand name.

Yeah, Sicilian Redneck. He's the Sicilian who happened to be cousins with Tommy Bilotti and moved to Fl after the divorce of his wife, marrying a woman down here who head four children, all of them total rednecks. No one saw him after that for a LONG time. Eventually I met him, coincidentally moved down here and keep finding all those random connections he has everywhere, like that strip club up the road that "The Family" owns...So...hopefully this car turns out to be as good as one of the SAID redneck uncles told me. He admits that he knows very little about Cadillacs, and always tells me about Oldsmobile 525-cubic-inch engines, so I'll have to wait to see.

Damn waiting...it's always out to get me.:rant2:

EDIT

Also, yeah I know black was AVAILABLE on other colours, just stating that most often when I see black leather interiors on Cadillacs they are black outside as well. Not always.

The irony therein being that most cars from other brands that were given black leather interiors tended to have very loud colours on the exterior (Especially late-sixties muscle cars)

sven914
06-07-10, 01:04 AM
For the record, I prefer Scotch over the Irish, but if you get the car, why would you switch engines with it? And what engines would you switch? Compared to that '85's 4100, the 307 in your hearse is high performance.

Aron9000
06-07-10, 03:02 AM
How bad is the rust on your hearse???? That should tell you right there if its worth doing a motor swap on or moving on to something else.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the new car either, something sounds kind of fishy about the whole thing.

The-Dullahan
06-07-10, 02:00 PM
There's exterior rust on the Hearse, which will be dealt with as soon as I win the lottery, but since I don't have the cash to PLAY the lottery, it will be a while. As for the condition of the second car, I agree. I will most likely not purchase the second car, however if the condition is as good as I am told I may change my mind on that.

The-Dullahan
06-07-10, 03:17 PM
Just figured that if the car was worth buying as a second car, or even just to sell for a profit, it would be nice to look into. Extra cash is always good, but a second car would be nice, so I actually have something to drive so I can get my other car sanded/repainted and eventually swap the engine. As for engine swaps, one can always dream...

http://market.autopartsfair.com/cadillac-car_engines/eldorado-1976-rebuilt_engines-gmc_500lb.html

robb257731
06-07-10, 05:19 PM
Believe me, I am a cautionary tale....if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!!!!

The-Dullahan
06-08-10, 12:27 AM
Believe me, I am a cautionary tale....if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!!!!

I am aware. I will make certain the car is WORTH my time if I decide to purchase it. If it had a Burgundy Leather interior, I'd be all over it though.

greencadillacmatt
06-19-10, 04:57 AM
So, any word on your mystery car?

The-Dullahan
06-19-10, 05:21 AM
So, any word on your mystery car?

You know, I was just talking about this. My Mum is supposed to inquire next time she is on the phone with him. He is not exactly Local and I only speak with him if we are both visiting at the same time. Like I said, I do not think the car is particularly great, but hey, if it is I won't need to buy a Roadmaster with Pants painted on the side.