: Finally bought one. Woohoo!!!!

racingdc9
06-05-10, 11:39 PM
Picked up an 07' Blk on blk, loaded 2wd Escalade with 25kmiles. Paid $38,800 plus TTL. I know, probably paid more then we should, but I couldn't find a clean, loaded 07' and low mileage for around 38k. The interior is CLEAN. 3rd row seats look like they were never used. It came with a little bonus. The first owner had installed an aftermarket mesh front grill, side vent and rear mesh piece where the rear license plate goes. I googled and found the pics and the grill and acc. were made by a company called E and G. Front grill is about $860. Looks different, not too blingy.

It still has original warranty till Nov. 2011. Is cadillac still offering the updated nav disc? My neighborhood is so new, the current nav disc doesn't even have it on there. Any other major recalls or warranty issues should I check on? There is a little wind noise on driver side but no whistling, not too bad, can't even hear it with radio on.

zach2011
06-05-10, 11:58 PM
You won't be able to get a free disc update, they ended that program in December 2009. But, when the new disc comes out, just go to gmnavdisc.com...or other sites. I'm interested in seeing your grille though!

racingdc9
06-06-10, 12:24 AM
Here is a pic. I got from a website that sells the grill.

zach2011
06-06-10, 12:34 AM
That's really cool, definitely not too blingy. I like it!

Big Windy Ext
06-08-10, 07:45 AM
Call GMs Nav disc service , they told me that the free disc offer was over but sent me a new disc for free anyway. You may get lucky and it costs nothing to ask . Good Luck !!

A320
06-13-10, 01:43 AM
I guess I'll join in the fun here.

New to the forum and new to Cadillac, just purchased an 07 Escalade AWD with all the features yesterday. So far I'm really enjoying it.

I was intending on calling as well about the Nav disc but was curious if it was normal for the 07's to be shipped with the 2005 Version 1.0 DVD as that is what my dealer gave me.

racingdc9
06-13-10, 10:34 PM
I called Cadillac last week and the service adviser gave me the number to the company that does the Nav disc upgrade. I called and the lady said they stopped the Nav disc upgrade in 12/09 but they did have some extras. She checked my VIN to see if I qualified for the free upgrade and luckily I did.

Unfortunately, I don't have the number anymore so please don't ask(sry) just call your caddy dealership. If you do call, when they ask you if you're the original owner, say "Yes". Not sure if they would have gave me the disc if I wasn't the original owner or not but i wouldn't take a chance. She didn't try to confirm anyways.

A320
06-14-10, 07:51 PM
I called Cadillac last week and the service adviser gave me the number to the company that does the Nav disc upgrade. I called and the lady said they stopped the Nav disc upgrade in 12/09 but they did have some extras. She checked my VIN to see if I qualified for the free upgrade and luckily I did.

Unfortunately, I don't have the number anymore so please don't ask(sry) just call your caddy dealership. If you do call, when they ask you if you're the original owner, say "Yes". Not sure if they would have gave me the disc if I wasn't the original owner or not but i wouldn't take a chance. She didn't try to confirm anyways.

Called GM Navdisc. First time, they said no. Second call, the guy agreed to send me one! :rolleyes:

racingdc9
06-15-10, 12:30 AM
Gotta be persistent. Good Job.