: Please help need to finish tomorrow i am begging

bigds01
06-05-10, 09:12 PM
Guys,

We need to get the race car done tomorrow and we are having problems. We put the engine tranny back together. 2 problems. We installed the kill switch correctly (positive terminal and in-line with alternator). Unfortunately my idiot teammate did it before we started the car after rebuilding the tranny.

Problem # 1. When we turn the key the only thing we hear is a click from the abs unit, the dashlights come on, but nothing else. Any ideas? The car did start and run before we rebuilt the tranny.

Problem #2. We can't get the intermediate shaft back on to the rack. What the hell are we missing. What is the secret?

I AM BEGGING FOR HELP.

jimsbox
06-06-10, 02:37 AM
Just a thought, maybe your kill switch is bad, have you tried jumpering past it? I assume you are talking about the steering shaft to the rack and pinion.
I am starting a engine and tranny swap so please share your results on that issue.

bigds01
06-06-10, 10:30 AM
I should also note that he had unplugged all of the electronics other than the fuse box in the trunk. They have since been all reconnected and the battery disconnected for 24 hours.

bigds01
06-06-10, 04:49 PM
So we missed a connection to the starter. The car will crank but not start. The dash is also completely dead. GUYS I REALLY NEED THE COLLECTIVE WISDOM HERE. Please help.

cl1986
06-07-10, 09:37 AM
holy crap, you still arnt racing yet??

did you get the shaft slid on? mine just went right on as i lowered the body down, i just put it on as best i could, then it poped on when lowering.

You obviously are missing fuses or have bad connections somewhere, i thought your first post said you had dash working?

bigds01
06-07-10, 03:05 PM
The race is 6/19-20 at summit point

Mark C
06-08-10, 11:14 AM
Did you take the bolt out of the intermediate shaft female socket? The fitting isnt a crush type fitting the bolt actually fits into a groove cut in the racks input spline, theres no way to slide the two together with the bolt in place, no matter how loose it is.