: Have to swap engine and tranny in 2000 DHS

jimsbox
06-05-10, 09:41 PM
I am preparing to do the swap and need to find out if anyone know what size bolts to use to mount the engine on my engine stand to install head gasket studs. I bought 12mm bolts with 1.75mm thread pitch but hand thread only about 2 or 3 turns by hand then gets tight. Don't want to force them until I know they are right pitch.

jimsbox
06-06-10, 12:59 PM
Well, must have had a bad bolt because when I tried it again the 12x1.75 screwed right in. So, for the benefit of others, If you need to know, use 3 bolts that are 12mm with a 1.75 thread pitch and 90mm long, I used about 3/8" stack of washers to on the 3 spots that did not have a dowel to bring them up to the height of the protruding dowel so the engine would be square to the engine stand flange. The 4th bolt I am using 100mm long for the threaded dowel because the threads are set deeper than those holes that are not doweled.

jimsbox
06-06-10, 01:01 PM
Sorry duplicate post

jimsbox
06-06-10, 04:11 PM
Okay, brief history about what brings me to this sad and terrible point in time. 00 DHS w/ 280,000 miles blew head gasket. Was going to have Jake build me a new engine BUT fate intervened with $1000 + repairing my truck, have to fix son's car, and fridge went on the blink so now to plan B. Yard en gine from an 02 VIN Y Deville with 66,000 miles and thankfully dry around pan and half case unions, and an 00 VIN Y tranny change with 90,000 miles. Will be putting in Jake's (NorthstarPerformance.com) stud kit after discussing it with him. I will let you know of any difficulties I may run into and any workarounds or tools I need beyond standard tool box and air tools.

Don't change that channel kids... its going to get interesting, frustrating and probably become a reasonable excuse to take up excessive drinking!

Jim :helpless:

STSS
06-07-10, 10:51 AM
Good Luck!