: I need two exhaust cams and 8 buckets for a 99

TimmyC
06-05-10, 02:54 PM
I've got the heads off for gaskets and both exhaust cams have lobes going down with damage to the corresponding buckets. Does anyone have parts they want to sell me? Let me know how much you want.

Thanks

Submariner409
06-05-10, 03:31 PM
E-mail or call Jake at www.northstarperformance.com

Installing new or used exhaust cams means 16 new cam followers/lifters/buckets. www.rockauto.com

You can't use old lifters on a different wear pattern cam - instant lobe/lifter excessive wear.

TimmyC
06-05-10, 04:46 PM
E-mail or call Jake at www.northstarperformance.com

Installing new or used exhaust cams means 16 new cam followers/lifters/buckets. www.rockauto.com

You can't use old lifters on a different wear pattern cam - instant lobe/lifter excessive wear.

That's right, I would need all the buckets labeled for location with a used cam.

I emailed Jake on Friday but have not heard back. I'll probably wait till Monday and give him a call.

In the meantime, if anyone has what I need I'm ready to buy. This is holding me up.

TimmyC
06-07-10, 10:02 PM
anybody?

tateos
06-08-10, 07:08 PM
Exhaust cams are the only other weak spot, besides the HG issues, on the '96-'99 engines, so it's not common to find someone with a surplus of them. gmpartsdirect.com has them for just under $300 each, but then you need the lifters, and I would change all 32, so that's another ~$500.00. it may be easier and less expensive to find some used heads with good cams and lifters.

97EldoCoupe
06-08-10, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry TimmyC - I've been so overwhelmed with work lately - I read your email but haven't really had a chance to respond. Guess it's time to re-hire a receptionist...

Unfortunately at this time, the good exhaust cams that I have are being used for my remanufactured engines - I have a stack to be reground, once I send them out, I'll be selling them for around $150 each (unfortunately this is just over the cost of getting them re-ground).

How soon do you need them?

I will be making a post in the Northstar Performance & Technical Section in the next few minutes that you may want to read:

-Jake

TimmyC
06-11-10, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry TimmyC - I've been so overwhelmed with work lately - I read your email but haven't really had a chance to respond. Guess it's time to re-hire a receptionist...

Unfortunately at this time, the good exhaust cams that I have are being used for my remanufactured engines - I have a stack to be reground, once I send them out, I'll be selling them for around $150 each (unfortunately this is just over the cost of getting them re-ground).

How soon do you need them?

I will be making a post in the Northstar Performance & Technical Section in the next few minutes that you may want to read:

-Jake

I forgot about this thread, oops(no notification). I still need cams, the sooner, the better. I am going to try a couple junk yards to see if they have any core motors that I can tear down. I'll number and snag the followers too. I'm in good with two local yards so hopefully I'll come up with something. If I don't, I'll contact you for regrinds.