: HELP!!! Car Won't Start

Kado91Z
06-05-10, 11:52 AM
So I took the 05 V shopping the other day, nothing out of the ordinary. Parked the car, did my thing and then came back. Go to start the car and it just cranks and cranks and cranks but no start. Battery is fine. Had it towed to a local shop. They tried pulling codes and said they got one for anti theft system, but they dont have all of the fancy scan equipment etc so they couldnt get much else. Had it towed to stealership today and waiting to hear whats wrong. Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong? Do these cars have some kind of security feature that kills the fuel pump? The local shop guys said the fuel pump didn't appear to be running.

Oh and on a side note, the only other thing i did different from normal was open the door with my key instead of the fob, the fob crapped out on me. dunno if that even matters. Thanks guys!

PISNUOFF
06-05-10, 02:51 PM
If you can hear the fuel pump running, it's most likely the anti theft system. I'm guessing you don't have a 2nd key fob.

whisler151
06-05-10, 04:54 PM
LS6=fail

jk...Brian is right, probably anti theft.

ELES6CTS
06-07-10, 02:20 AM
I'm guessing the anti-theft system as well.

heavymetals
06-07-10, 02:30 AM
You should have replaced the battery in the fob and tried it again..

ewill3rd
06-07-10, 08:07 AM
Transmitter doesn't matter, and if it is cranking the anti-theft is not to blame.
PK3 prevents cranking.

Could be a lost cam signal, someone needs to put a scan tool on it and do some testing.

PISNUOFF
06-07-10, 09:03 AM
I've seen plenty of GM cars un-learn their keys out of the blue. They'll just crank and never start.