: Nasal Snuff

Eldyfig
08-29-04, 02:16 AM
I just noticed in my latest cigar catalog, there is some stuff for sale called Nasal Snuff. It comes in apricot, mint. raspberry and cherry. Has anyone ever tried this stuff? It doesn't seem all that safe. Could you breathe this stuff into your lungs?

majax
08-29-04, 06:53 AM
I think people usually use that for clearing their sinuses and aparantly you can get hooked on it. The most popular brand of it is Affrin. ;)

So are you supposed to smoke it through your nose? or is it called that cause it has so many different smelling and tasteing flavors, hmm. Any smoke in your lungs is bad. You probably smoke it like a cigar though and don't inhale it into your lungs.

Eldyfig
08-29-04, 11:47 AM
This stuff is smokeless. Kinda like oral snuff. Check it out on the Thompson Cigar site.

http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx?sid=izqhvt454ffoda55ii5pgu55&page=product&uid=927&sender=search

They say it is the IN thing to do.

Rolex
08-29-04, 01:53 PM
It's a very old thing to do, and hardly an "IN" thing IMO. Snuff has been snorted for years for a quick nicotine buzz. You can go into almost any tobacco store and buy this powdery snuff to "snort"...or you can fill your front lip and "dip" the same snuff like you would any other. The oral and nasal mucosa will absorb drugs like nicotine very quickly, so either way you'll get your nicotine fix in a hurry. It's not likely you would sniff hard enough to get it into your lungs, but if you do you would probably find yourself coughing and vomiting for awhile.

The old fashon power snuff is messy compared to brands like skoal and copenhagen. It will probably burn like a mother if you snort it. In case you haven't heard....neither snorting nor dipping are good for your health. :tisk: :D