: New guy V shopping w/pricing questions

PNBLWZD
06-05-10, 01:11 AM
Hello Group. I'm in Los Angeles and in the market for an STSV, which will be my first Cadillac. I currently have a supercharged Silverado SS 6.0, and now that I would also like a 4 door full size car to take the family in the V seems like the perfect choice. I've driven a couple at local dealers and went for a quick ride in a friend's, and really like the cars. Over the last couple months I've followed ebay sales, checked Auto Trader, Craigslist, various online listings, and dealers all over CA. Probably going to be an 06-07, as 08-09 are still pricey. I'm strongly considering a CPO '07 at a local dealer that is blk/blk w/18k miles. They had it listed for $38.5k, and I have them down to $33.8k. Another choice is a local CPO '06 blk/blk w/17k miles for $32.8k. Good deals? High? Low? I know a CPO "Books" higher than PP or retail values, but is that realistic? Thanks for any input, and very interesting reading on yours cars.

ozmt
06-05-10, 06:28 PM
PNBLWZD
I tried to IM you, but it won't take. Send me an email when you can.
Thanks
oz

ozmt@msn.com

PGA2B
06-05-10, 11:55 PM
Those are still a little high. You should be able to get into an 06 for under $30 and an 07 for under $34. I got my 06 8 months ago with 29K on the clock for $33.

PNBLWZD
06-06-10, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the input, I agree both are a little high. The pp w/the 06 is now saying he wants $34k, which is just not realistic IMO. I have the dealer at $33.8k for the cert pre owned, but think I will try and get them down closer to $33k or less. Their 2 s-v's have been sitting in stock since Feb, so I would think they'd be a little more interested in making a sale...

chrisngo
06-06-10, 02:41 AM
I am in the San Diego area and I found my STS-V at a Carmax in AZ. It has 28K miles and I picked it up for 28K (no haggle). Keep looking and I'd encourage driving the car before committing. EBay would be MY last resort but I am sure there are people that have had good results.

Good luck and keep us all posted. Patience is key...although I bought the first one I drove. I couldn't beat the price and the mileage.

Chris

chitownv
06-06-10, 01:10 PM
I would stay away from eBay as well there are good deals to be found there but seems to be more so bad deals as well. I also got my v at carmax because they seem to get them often and I know they go through the car to make sure it's turn key ready to drive. I bought mine with new tires and brakes and fresh fluids. Try to find one at carmax or a cadilac dealer and ask them to certify it so you get the warranty to buy one as is and shown with no warranty can be a costly mistake it's kinda of like driving around without car insurance. These cars have are expensive to replace parts and work on.

As far as the price goes car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. No two v's are alike the condition and history of the vehicle can effect the value greatly. If you find a cherry one with a good warranty and a clean car fax don't be afraid to step up and pay good money for it.

fast_lane10
06-06-10, 01:53 PM
The Price seems a little bit higher as compared to when I was looking for one..about 3-4 months back but again as chitownv said no 2 cars are alike you have to evaluate them as you see them. Personally i cant see myself spending this much money without seeing the car. As far as Carmax goes .. if i am buying from them I will look at the car real close... coz i have heard bad stories about them and had bad experience myself with them, while looking for my V,as they forgot to mention that one of the doors was repainted. Apparently that met Carmax standards but failed mine and to make matters worse i was not refunded my shipping cost which i believe i should have been. Anyways good luck shopping ...

chitownv
06-06-10, 06:21 PM
I was lucky the car I found at carmax was local so I was able to inspect it before buying it.

PGA2B
06-06-10, 09:28 PM
Keep working on them. They will come down more. These are not fast movers for a dealership.

PNBLWZD
06-07-10, 01:28 AM
Thanks for all the input. I called the sales lady this morning on her cell when she was walking into church LOL, and made a 32k offer which she doesn't think they will go for but we'll see tomorrow. They keep cryin' saying they are loosing money on the car. C'mon, gimme a break. This dealership hasn't been there since the 50's by loosing money on cars. I said if not, I'll keep looking or just wait them out. This pair of '07 STS-V's have been on their lot since Feb, both traded in for CTS-V's. The car I want (black one) was sold new at this dealer by this same sales lady who knows the orig owners, who have many Cadillacs including all the V models apparantly (minus this STS I guess). All service records available and done there, clean carfax, 18k miles. Just priced too high, sigh...

BTW, what's the difference between the Cert Pre Owned Cad warrantee, and the GMPP warrantee I read people on here getting? I had GMPP on my Silverado which covered everything w/zero deductable, are they one in the same?

nlharter
06-07-10, 10:35 AM
Here is some information I had on the cars when I purchased mine about a year ago. I had a buddy check to see what they were going for at the auto actions. I was looking at 07's. They went for 28-32 at the auctions. So if you figure in 1000-1200 for Cadillac cert, and give the dealer 1000 (they do like to make some money), then 34 should be about the max to pay for an 07. Keep in mind that was last year. I would think an 07 being cadillac certified could be purchased for 30-32 right now. Good luck.

PNBLWZD
06-07-10, 11:27 PM
Update: Spoke with the dealer again today, and they are not going lower than $33.8k. They have also moved the less expensive silver V into the showroom, which could generate interest and risk one or the other being sold. So it's $33.8k, or pass to keep looking and risk loosing out on this one. Keep in mind this is $5k less than what they originally had it listed for.

chitownv
06-08-10, 01:07 AM
Update: Spoke with the dealer again today, and they are not going lower than $33.8k. They have also moved the less expensive silver V into the showroom, which could generate interest and risk one or the other being sold. So it's $33.8k, or pass to keep looking and risk loosing out on this one. Keep in mind this is $5k less than what they originally had it listed for.

I work for a dealer and can honestly tell you sometimes we do loose money on cars we sell not every sale is profitable we focus more on the overall picture at the end of the month. With that said sometimes dealers pay to much for cars and need more out of them to make the deal or they just decide to take the hit and loose money on it and reinvest the money for fresh inventory. I don't think there price is out of line it may not be the cheapest 07 out there but the miles are really low and don't overlook that this is the same car someone once paid 70g's for. If the car is all there and the car fax is clean go for it. If you would like me to run the vin and check the warranty claims against it p.m me

Good luck

bobs-sts-v
06-08-10, 01:31 AM
PNBLWZD - not to jack your thread, but I happen to be into pinball as well. Just curious if your handle reflects your passion in the sport (of pinball) and if so, what machines do you own. I have 7 myself, including: TZ, IJ, MM, STTNG, POTC, LOTR and CFTBL. All in mint condition.

Bob

PNBLWZD
06-08-10, 01:55 AM
ChitownV - Thanks for the offer to run the VIN. I was not able to PM you because I'm new on this board, but the VIN is 1G6DX67D370153669. Carfax looks normal, no issues that I could see. Shows 2 owners because the original lessee bought the car when the lease was up, at least that's what I was told.

BobsSTSV - Yep, you guessed correct and nice collection. Pinball is my main hobby/passion and PNBLWZD is the licence plate on my pinball transport truck. I have about 40 machines in my collection, all either very low use examples or fully restored condition. Ranging from a Williams Gorgar as my oldest machine, to a PMI Big Bang Bar as my newest, and all the Williams/Bally favorites in between focusing on the WPC era, a classic Bally lineup, and a couple new Sterns as well. I'm currently restoring a sample Banzai Run, which I'm very excited about but is a lot work work being like 2 machines in one.

ozmt
06-08-10, 10:10 PM
Don't do it! 33 is way too high! The auction prices have nosedived over the last 3 months. I just checked with my source at mannheim auctions.

PNBLWZD
06-11-10, 01:28 AM
So what are the auction prices at, and how does one go to one of these auctions?

I am almost ready to buy the V from the dealer. I went to see it this afternoon all detailed out and it looks just amazing, so I decided to ask if I could borrow it for the weekend to try it out on everyday duty and to see how the family likes it. They agreed no problem, so I drove it home and around town tonight a little. So far so good!

jedhead
06-11-10, 02:59 AM
I bought my 2006 STS-V down in Carlsbad last August with 24k for 34K out the door or just under 30k before tax and license. It was a CPO car. The extended warranty covers the bumper to bumper for another 2 years and/or up to 100k miles.

Bob

chitownv
06-13-10, 02:29 PM
ChitownV - Thanks for the offer to run the VIN. I was not able to PM you because I'm new on this board, but the VIN is 1G6DX67D370153669. Carfax looks normal, no issues that I could see. Shows 2 owners because the original lessee bought the car when the lease was up, at least that's what I was told.

BobsSTSV - Yep, you guessed correct and nice collection. Pinball is my main hobby/passion and PNBLWZD is the licence plate on my pinball transport truck. I have about 40 machines in my collection, all either very low use examples or fully restored condition. Ranging from a Williams Gorgar as my oldest machine, to a PMI Big Bang Bar as my newest, and all the Williams/Bally favorites in between focusing on the WPC era, a classic Bally lineup, and a couple new Sterns as well. I'm currently restoring a sample Banzai Run, which I'm very excited about but is a lot work work being like 2 machines in one.

I did run the vin and looks real good it's also showing it has the cpo warranty good to 100k or 1/19/2013

chitownv
06-13-10, 02:46 PM
Auction prices can give you an idea of what the cars are selling for but to obtain these cars there you must have a valid dealers license. The prices just show you the year make and model along with price it sold for and the miles of course.

A lot of auction cars have alot of work needed to bring them ready for sale to an actual customer such as a full detail, tires, brakes, fluids, dents, full professional inspection and anything from a simple repair to thousands in parts and labor. Plus reconditioning the paint.

You can't shop for a car based off auction prices no two cars are alike there is much to consider. It will screw you up mentally and make the buying process very stressful and you leaving a dealer thinking you got ripped off.

This can be said about any car not just the v.

With that said I would focus more on finding a very clean v that's needs nothing and has a clean car fax report. Make sure everything is working and it doesn't need anything provided it's all good I would say an "06" v should go between 25g up to 30g depending on the miles.

Just find you v and write the check long as your happy that's all that counts a good deal is a state of mind not a discount.

I can assure you that you will loose your butt off on any car you buy just the nature off cars they are not to profitable in most cases

chrisngo
06-15-10, 07:05 PM
So what are the auction prices at, and how does one go to one of these auctions?

I am almost ready to buy the V from the dealer. I went to see it this afternoon all detailed out and it looks just amazing, so I decided to ask if I could borrow it for the weekend to try it out on everyday duty and to see how the family likes it. They agreed no problem, so I drove it home and around town tonight a little. So far so good!

It's good that you're testing the car out. One thing to watch is the MPG's. I drive my car 2-3 times a week and I fill up each week! I'm averaging about 15 mpg @ 70% city driving.

Chris

ozmt
06-22-10, 09:06 PM
Auction pricing can make you crazy, however, I use these prices as a gauge to what I can sell the car for tomorrow if I had to, to a dealer.
It's not hard to find a dealer that will take you and buy you an auction car, usually for a small fee.
As far as MPG's go, my 2008 is averaging 19.8 back and forth to work every day. It is 18 miles with 14 of it on a freeway at (usually) 72 mph. Pretty damn good for a 460+ hp heavy cadillac!

Good luck with your search!

ozmt@msn.com

Mallet-V
06-27-10, 08:40 AM
I've been watching these at Manheim auctions for a couple of months now, and they don't go through very often. There were only 2 listed the other day, both 08's.

PNBLWZD
06-28-10, 02:32 AM
Thanks to everyone for their input, here's the latest; As you know a couple weeks ago I borrowed the STSV from the dealer for a couple days. Really liked driving it with only 2 people in the car, but when someone was in the back seat and the front seats had to come forward some, the car started to seem too small inside -esp with a child seat in the back since this is going to be my family car.

Brought the car back to the dealer and passed, and started thinking about a DTS instead. A black/black DTS with performance package is pretty damn nice. Drove a couple and thought it was very cush inside and not bad to drive, but don't care for front wheel drive and only a 4 speed trans. Not nearly as fun as a V but definetly roomier inside.

Now after shopping around for a DTS, I keep thinking about that V again. Perhaps sacraficing the DTS romminess is a worthwhile tradeoff for the much better V performance and rarity. The 07 V from that dealer sold, so I'm going to see an 06 V tomorrow that I looked at weeks ago near my house. The seller and I have kept in touch since then as he also wants a DTS, and he called me today asking if I want to see and make an offer on his V now. He's a little more motivated to sell after getting another car recently. It's very low miles too (17k), black, chrome wheels, all stock. I already know which car this group will vote for, but I'm torn - so we'll see what happens...

PNBLWZD
07-01-10, 08:41 PM
Yet another update: I have continued the struggle between an STS V or a DTS performance for a family car. I attempted to meet with the local private party V seller all week, but was never able to because he didn't have time. I was almost going to pick up an 09 DTS this weekend and be finished with it, when I found something this morning that changed all that.

It must not have been meant to be for me to get the first 2 V cars because today I located an 06 black/tango STS V with only 16k miles, Cad certified preowned with a clean carfax at a dealer in Vegas of all places (I'm in CA). They were asking $28k, and with not much effort I just closed the deal at $25k. The wife and I will drive to Vegas to pick up the car Sat morning, and maybe spend the 4th on the Strip while we're there. What happens in Vegas does not always stay in Vegas I guess.

Finally a car decision, I'm very excited! For that price I don't see how I can go wrong, as it books for considerably more than $25k. Not sure why the dealer is letting it go so cheap, apparantly it's been on the lot for 2 weeks but not advertised till today - maybe car sales are down in sin city...

jedhead
07-01-10, 10:29 PM
Congradulations on your purchase. Sounds like a very good deal. I get mine serviced at Coast Cadillac. They treat me pretty well.

Bob

chrisngo
07-01-10, 11:23 PM
Awesome find! I am curious on the number of fill ups you'll be doing from Vegas to CA. Could you please report back to us? I live in San Diego and usually stop in barstow to fill up. I would like to know if stopping only once is possible in the V.

Chris

jedhead
07-02-10, 12:11 AM
I can make from Orange County to Las Vegas on a tank of gas driving sanely. I fill up at Barstow usually to take a break.

Bob

PNBLWZD
07-02-10, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone, I will report back with what kind of mileage I get on the return trip. We live in Culver West/Marina del Rey, about 10 miles north of LAX.

Speaking of gas, does everyone actually use premium in their car? I know the book and gas cap call for it, but is it really necessary and do you feel a difference on a stock car?

jedhead
07-02-10, 01:54 AM
Its very necessary. Premium is "required" not "recommended". If you put 87 Octane in the tank you risk damaging the engine due to detonation. The car will be down on power anyway returning from Vegas in the heat from the PCM pulling timing because the air entering the engine will be too hot. I notice a huge difference in performance between the summer and winter.

Bob

jedhead
07-02-10, 01:56 AM
I plan on being at the Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach 6am Brookhurst and Adams if you want to come by.

Bob

Bigdawg58
07-02-10, 12:20 PM
E N J O Y U R N E W STS-V! :yup:

jedhead
07-02-10, 01:12 PM
I plan on being at the Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach 6am Brookhurst and Adams if you want to come by.

Bob

I forgot the date. Saturday 7/10. I will be out of town this weekend. My STS-V is silver.

Bob

kbf250
07-02-10, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone,
I have gone to vegas on one tank from orange county averaging 85mph and my car gets about 18.6mpg at that speed. Also speaking of Donut Derelicts I have been there a few times in the last month. I will be to be there on 7/10. I would like to know how Bobs continentals perform on the V.
Your going to love the ride back from Vegas. The car is exceptionally smooth on those open roads.

Kirk

PNBLWZD
07-02-10, 10:56 PM
Heading out in the morning, it's getting closer!

Regarding the gas grades/octaine; Wasn't sure on a stock vehicle, but I know HP Tuners has low and high octaine tables which are used if knock or detonation is detected. If that happens, it goes to the low table and stays there unless reset again with HPT. Good idea about making sure I run premium in the Vegas heat though to prevent that.

Donut Derelects; My dad is part of that group. Although he hasn't been down there in a while, he has their decal on a couple of his hot rods.

And speaking of Continental tires, that is what this car has on it right now so I'll have input on that as well. Not sure why the tires were changed w/such low miles, but I'm glad it's already done.

jedhead
07-03-10, 01:27 AM
I currently have Continental DWS Extremes. At 12K miles the front ones are still looking new. The rear are at the wear bars with fairly even wear across the tread. I am surprised that the rears have worn out so fast since the wear rating is 540 and guaranteed for 50K miles. I haven't smoked the tires, but I have driven about 1500 miles on mountain roads which may have been a factor in quick wear. I will be going over to replace the tires next week and hope that the tires can be pro-rated. I found the tires to be a little soft in the sidewalls, but that translate to a more compliant ride. Traction is good in the dry equal to or better than the stock Pirelli's. The traction in the rain is much better than the OEM Pirelli's too.

Bob

PNBLWZD
07-05-10, 02:48 AM
Well, I drove to Vegas and came home in the same vehicle I drove out in. Got to the dealer that had the V Sat mid afternoon, and at first the car looked nice. Took it for a drive, nice and quiet/tight, and the Conti tires were really nice/smooth/quiet.

Then after that I started noticing issues with the body and paint that just got worse the more I looked. Passenger side rocker panel was damaged/crushed/punctured from going off a curb hard, and had a 1/2" gap the length of the panel under the doors. The driver side rocker panel was a little damaged also but not as bad, but the paint was still cracked from the plastic flexing. Scratches here and there on the drivers door, scratches in the door jambs through the paint, and worst of all the rear bumper was repaired/repainted poorly and hanging by a thread with 1/2" up and down movement by hand on both sides. Also the whole passenger rear side of the bumper felt like overspray. The sheetmetal appeared orgiinal and ok, but what a pisser and a damn shame a 16k mile car could be so f'ed up - and NONE of this was on the Carfax. Really liked the tango interior too, looked even better in person than in pics.

The known issues of a tiny scratch on the rear bumper and rock chip on the front I could deal with, but they paled in comparrison to the real problems. Dealer claimed to not notice all these things, which I call BS, and offered to knock off $285, then $500, then $1000. But not knowing what is really going on underneath the damage and crappy repair I held off and left. What happens if that bumper cover comes off revealing damaged impact foam, or screwed up parking sensors? Not only does bodywork always cost more than expected, but getting it correct can be a headache that I don't want - plus it negates the purpose of buying a low miles car that isn't supposed to be f'ed up to begin with.

Dealer is going to have their bodyshop look at it tomorrow, and I will talk with my bodyshop people here in town to get a gestimate. Not sure if I should bother getting involved with it or just keep looking...

ozmt
07-07-10, 12:23 AM
Don't do it! I live in Vegas if you want me to drive my 08 STS-V by their lot for a comparison. (btw, mine is still available :) )
As you can guess, I haven't even listed it anywhere as I don't really want it to go. My wife is upset about it one and then forgets for a few days.
ozmt@msn.com

PNBLWZD
07-08-10, 12:54 AM
Spoke to the dealer again yesterday, and the bumper and rockers are getting repaired/repainted. Rocker damage was supposedly from raising the car up on a 4 point lift for an oil change with lift arms not properly adjusted, and the bumper had an impact of course. Saw pics of the car w/bumper removed and being reworked, don't see any damage to the crumple areas of the inner bumper metal frame. Haven't seen pics of the rockers.

Something else I noticed but don't know if it's normal or not; The supercharged logos on the doors appear to be angled just slightly down from the V logo front to back, and are not parallel to the body line a few inches below the logo on the door. It's the same on both sides. Is that normal? Seems like it should be pretty even/flat/parallel...?

Car is still same agreed on price of $25k after repairs.

jedhead
07-08-10, 03:25 AM
This is how my emblem looks on my car:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/751614/fullsize/copy-of-dsc_0076.jpg

Bob

csf
07-08-10, 01:17 PM
Spoke to the dealer again yesterday, and the bumper and rockers are getting repaired/repainted. Rocker damage was supposedly from raising the car up on a 4 point lift for an oil change with lift arms not properly adjusted, and the bumper had an impact of course. Saw pics of the car w/bumper removed and being reworked, don't see any damage to the crumple areas of the inner bumper metal frame. Haven't seen pics of the rockers.

Something else I noticed but don't know if it's normal or not; The supercharged logos on the doors appear to be angled just slightly down from the V logo front to back, and are not parallel to the body line a few inches below the logo on the door. It's the same on both sides. Is that normal? Seems like it should be pretty even/flat/parallel...?

Car is still same agreed on price of $25k after repairs.

The one thing positive there is the price, which I think is pretty low, but its probably fair given the car already needs paint and body work after only 16k miles. Me ,because I'm neurotic, I'd rather pay a little more for a car with no issuses. But it'll probably look fine, probably run fine, and you will probably have paid less then most of us.

ozmt
07-08-10, 01:32 PM
As far as tires go, I bought Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's in April. Although traction is not as good as I thought, the tires are quiet and have a 45,000 mile warranty. Overall, really happy with them.
Let me know if you come to Vegas, we'll get together and compare notes!
ozmt@msn.com

PGA2B
07-08-10, 02:39 PM
This is how my emblem looks on my car:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/751614/fullsize/copy-of-dsc_0076.jpg

Bob

Bob- Did you change the emblems? I have never seen one with the "supercharged" before the "V" emblem.

jedhead
07-11-10, 02:11 PM
Bob- Did you change the emblems? I have never seen one with the "supercharged" before the "V" emblem.

On my car "Supercharged" is on the left of the "V" on both sides of the car.

Passenger side:
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757524/original/dsc_0076.jpg

Driver side:
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757523/original/dsc_0071.jpg

Bob

coach123
07-11-10, 02:16 PM
It is suppose to have the V emblem first and then the word supercharged behind that on both sides. Has your car been in any accidents? Maybe you have a rare goof up from the manufacturer.

chitownv
07-11-10, 04:42 PM
Goes to show price isn't everything condition of the car has a huge effect on the value. What a shame car with only 16k all beat up !

PGA2B
07-11-10, 05:43 PM
It is suppose to have the V emblem first and then the word supercharged behind that on both sides. Has your car been in any accidents? Maybe you have a rare goof up from the manufacturer.

Everyone I have seen and driven (about 8) have the V then the Supercharged. I have never seen any but your Jed the the Driver side has the Supercharged then the V.

PNBLWZD
07-16-10, 12:29 AM
90% of the STSV's I've seen have the V towards the front. The factory uses a template to place the emblems, so if it's different chances are it was removed and replaced for some reason.

An update to my Las Vegas V; The dealer has repaired/repainted the bumper and rocker moldings, and as long as it looks as good in person as it does in pics I think the car is still a good deal for a low miles example. I plan to fly out Sat morning to see it again and hopefully buy it. From there I am going to the Pinball Hall of Fame on Tropicana, then head back to LA. It's supposed to be 112 in Vegas on Sat, hopefully my black V doesn't melt!

FWIW, I drove a 2010 CTSV last weekend which was very impressive, but I can't justify spending $65k to get one of those over this used STSV for less than half the price. As an alternative I also looked at new STS V8 models because I like the roomier mid size car over the CTS, but those sticker for almost $60k which I couldn't believe. All these things keep making a used STSV seem like the best bang for the buck in a 4 door sedan.

PGA2B
07-16-10, 02:24 PM
90% of the STSV's I've seen have the V towards the front. The factory uses a template to place the emblems, so if it's different chances are it was removed and replaced for some reason.

An update to my Las Vegas V; The dealer has repaired/repainted the bumper and rocker moldings, and as long as it looks as good in person as it does in pics I think the car is still a good deal for a low miles example. I plan to fly out Sat morning to see it again and hopefully buy it. From there I am going to the Pinball Hall of Fame on Tropicana, then head back to LA. It's supposed to be 112 in Vegas on Sat, hopefully my black V doesn't melt!

FWIW, I drove a 2010 CTSV last weekend which was very impressive, but I can't justify spending $65k to get one of those over this used STSV for less than half the price. As an alternative I also looked at new STS V8 models because I like the roomier mid size car over the CTS, but those sticker for almost $60k which I couldn't believe. All these things keep making a used STSV seem like the best bang for the buck in a 4 door sedan.

If it looks good I say take it. Make sure they throw in the Certified Pre-owned Warranty if they are a Cadillac dealer, and if not make them include the GM Pre-owned Warranty. that way if anything goes wrong you are covered.

On a side note my journey started with the 2009 CTS-V until I drove one. I liked the power but did not care for the interior. It looked cheap and I hated the nav screen popping out of the dash and the $3K above sticker they were getting at the time. I drove an STS-V by accident because I mistook it for a CTS-V when looking for 04-07 CTS-V and fell in love and the rest shall they say is history.

Good Luck!!

PNBLWZD
07-16-10, 07:23 PM
I thought the CTS pop up NAV screen was a litlte odd as well, but I wasn't looking at it too much. The interior fit/finish didn't bother me on it, but the cramped feeling did a little (I'm 6-1 240#). They do have 0% for 72 months now on the 2010 CTSV's (more rope to hang yourself with), and with my GM emp discount the CTSV would have been $61k plus tax/fees, but I just can't justify spending that much for a toy when this STSV is very nice and so much cheaper. Sure it's not as fast, but for almost $40k difference I don't have to be the fastest V on the block.

This STSV is already a certified pre owned Cadillac. It is not being sold at a Cad dealer this time, but I did check the VIN through the Cadillac dealer here in LA to confirm the CPO warrantee which it has.

Back to Vegas in the morning...

ozmt
07-17-10, 12:07 AM
pnblwzd.
If you've got time, drop me an email and maybe we can meet and compare my 08 to your new one! Perhaps a cold drink as well.
ozmt@msn.com

PNBLWZD
07-17-10, 01:42 AM
Email sent

ozmt
07-17-10, 10:59 AM
PNBLWZD
no email received yet.
call me if you want to have a "mini STS-V meet".
ozmt@msn.com

PNBLWZD
07-18-10, 02:41 AM
Not sure why the email didn't go through, and just now checked this thread. Went to Vegas and got the car today. Everything looks nice, even put it up on a rack to look all around underneath. Had lunch after that and headed back to LA around 1-2 i'm guessing. Wow it was hot - 117 in Baker, CA but the car ran smooth and AC blew cold. Lots of driving today, will play with the new toy tomorrow and probably have some ?'s...

PGA2B
07-18-10, 09:00 PM
So you bought it? If so Congrats!! I LOVE mine. I am having my exhaust put on the 31st and can't wiat for it.

ozmt
07-22-10, 12:14 AM
PNBLWZD.
Sorry I missed you. Never did get the email. Maybe we can meet up another time. I think I'll be in LA, around LAX on August 25th. Maybe then.
ozmt@msn.com

PNBLWZD
07-27-10, 12:21 AM
Sure, let me know when you're in LA and we can get together. I'm about 10 miles north of LAX, near the end of the 90 Marina Freeway.

So I've been driving the V around for a little over a week, learning how to use all the toys these cars have which is pretty cool. Most people don't even know what the car is, and when they hear I bought a Cadillac assume it's an old man car. When I explain the iron fist in the velvet glove concept behind the cars, they then become very interested. Then when they see it and ride in it, no further explanation is needed. Pretty cool...

chrisngo
07-30-10, 05:00 PM
I know how you feel about the "you bought a what?". Once they see it though, that's a whole different reaction.

Congrats...pics would be nice!

Chris

elburn
07-30-10, 11:05 PM
I just saw a 1998 STS with 34,000 miles. The dealership wants 5800. The put the car through their 160 pt inspection and will replace the brakes and rotors both front and back.

Does this sound too good to be true? What else would you look at?

jedhead
07-31-10, 08:25 PM
I bought mine used. The car had a clean car fax, but who really knows.

Bob