: 275/40/18 rub?

Gus_Mahn
06-03-10, 09:32 PM
I have 275/40/18 Hankook V12's on the rear of my '05 with stock suspension and ride height. I noticed that the right rear wheel opening pinchweld has been unrolled towards the tire about 2" of circumference at the 2:00 position looking at the right side of the car. I see no evidence on the tire that it has hit the body. The car does occasionally see some spirited driving. My favorite road is a fairly bumpy s-curve off ramp where the G-meter's shown 1.11 to the right and .93 to the left. Has anyone else had any rub or wheel opening damage from 275's?

JD03Cobra
06-03-10, 09:41 PM
I have the same size tires with no rubbing. There shouldn't be a problem especially with the stock suspension.

ctsv154
06-03-10, 09:47 PM
I have but I'm lowered on GC. I wouldn't think you would have any problems with stock suspension.

verywhitedevil
06-04-10, 02:36 AM
i have 275/40/18, ground control as low as rear can go, no rubbing at all.

I did have to roll the passenger fender with a BFH because of the strip you speak of, but turned out perfect. driver side was fine.

PISNUOFF
06-04-10, 06:36 AM
I run the same size tire and my car is lowered about 3/4". I get a slight rub at the same location when the suspension compresses really far. Usually it slices the corner of the tread.

ctsv154
06-04-10, 06:55 AM
I run the same size tire and my car is lowered about 3/4". I get a slight rub at the same location when the suspension compresses really far. Usually it slices the corner of the tread.

At least I'm not the only one. I took a BFH and rolled the inner lip in a lot further. Also, my body guys is gonna to try and pull all the fenders out for a little more clearance too.

PISNUOFF
06-04-10, 07:28 AM
At least I'm not the only one. I took a BFH and rolled the inner lip in a lot further. Also, my body guys is gonna to try and pull all the fenders out for a little more clearance too.

Haha. I rolled my front fenders and the rt rear quarter with a BFH at V-Day1. I did get some looks like "Who is that crazy guy beating on his V with a hammer." LOL

I had to do the front then because I had 255/45's on there and the carousel compressed the suspension alot as I had GC with 500/550 at the time.