: MAPerformance Rotors

MAPerformance
06-03-10, 07:39 PM
Just wanted to post up some info on our rotors that we just released. They are a one piece design and use a stoptech blank as the base rotor that we have cnc'd with slotting and j-hooking.

The rotors are powdercoated black on the hubs and on the vanes on the inside of the rotor to prevent rusting.

Below is the link with pictures and pricing. PM me for special forum member pricing!

For those of you that have already purchased these rotors off us please post up! I know I have about 4 or 5 sets out there already, hell the pictures on the site are from Z06pwrd on here ;)

http://www.maperformance.com/product.php?productid=27295

ctsv154
06-03-10, 08:12 PM
For some reason I can't see a full size pic from my computer. Would it be possible to post a pic?

814V
06-03-10, 09:09 PM
I can't see the picture either. But I am in need of new rotors right now. Very interested.

Zo6PwRd
06-03-10, 11:43 PM
Yep, picture wont show on the site....but I do love the look of the rotors. Very good quality and for only a few bucks more then factory rotors its well worth the money. The powdercoated hub is soooo much better looking then the stock rusted hubs that you will get on the stock rotors. The braking has slightly improved over the factory ones as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM or write in this thread.

ctsv154
06-04-10, 12:21 AM
Post pics! Lol

Zo6PwRd
06-04-10, 01:08 AM
This is the only one I have on my work computer and its a crappy cell pic. The ones I sent Adam are pics of them on the car.

ELES6CTS
06-04-10, 05:25 AM
I tried to send a PM, but your mailbox is full, MAPerformance.

whisler151
06-04-10, 08:48 AM
I ordered the "J Hook design" last week. I'll post pics as soon as my rotors are in.

Looking forward to them!

verywhitedevil
06-04-10, 11:20 AM
Adam, your mailbox is full....I really only need the front rotors right now. can you order just fronts?? i like the J hook design too. Whisler, definitely posts pictures when they arrive. the website picture does me no good.

liqidvenom
06-04-10, 11:33 AM
for some reason the website link takes you to what looks like a 2pc rotor.

whisler151
06-04-10, 11:40 AM
Adam, your mailbox is full....I really only need the front rotors right now. can you order just fronts?? i like the J hook design too. Whisler, definitely posts pictures when they arrive. the website picture does me no good.

I should have them sometime next week. My shop appointment (rear diff fluid, CS motor mounts, bleed brakes, new rotors and pads) is on the 22nd. I wont have pics of them on the car till then. I'll be sure to take actual pics of the rotors once I get them in the mail.

nmaier2201
06-04-10, 11:49 AM
Just to lend a helping hand for those who can't view the pics on MAP's website. I'll post them on here as well for everyone to see.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4668716605_5b135c25ab_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1289/4668717269_f198726f23_b.jpg

I like the look of drilled and slotted rotors best, but MAP, UUC went with the slotted design... and then I saw that other thread with PISNUOFF breaking some drilled rotors... so I'm thinking people smarter than I am usually are leaning toward the slotted only design. ... just my .02 cents

Jbawden
06-04-10, 12:25 PM
Just to lend a helping hand for those who can't view the pics on MAP's website. I'll post them on here as well for everyone to see.

I like the look of drilled and slotted rotors best, but MAP, UUC went with the slotted design... and then I saw that other thread with PISNUOFF breaking some drilled rotors... so I'm thinking people smarter than I am usually are leaning toward the slotted only design. ... just my .02 cents

Not sure if I can articulate this, but the sets of slotted rotors I've installed have instructed my to install the slots the other way. See below:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/jbawden42/direction_of_rotation_web.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/jbawden42/disc_rotation.jpg

MAPerformance
06-04-10, 01:09 PM
Sorry that you cannot see the full picture. It works on our end flawlessly and I even checked it on my laptop last night and it worked.

J-hook will be on hold for a few, the machinist that is doing the CNC work just had to leave the country for a death in the family. I found this out this morning so don't think I posted up a product not available yet on purpose.

Whisler - I emailed this morning to get an update on your rotors, your order came in on the day he left the country and yours were the last set before we placed the stocking order for them. So I will email you asap with the info and tracking if its available! (I wish they would of let me know sooner)

I will be able to sell just the fronts and just the rears, I will post up pricing for those asap.

The link takes you too a picture of a j-hook rotor, but it is only for reference these are one piece as stated in the original post. Slotted rotors and install them depends on the vanes. The racing brake picture above is correct, the slots face the front of the car, the vanes carry the heat out from the center of the hub.

Jbawden
06-04-10, 01:18 PM
The racing brake picture above is correct, the slots face the front of the car, the vanes carry the heat out from the center of the hub.

Then the slots on nmaiers are backwards.

MAPerformance
06-04-10, 02:07 PM
That is not his car, but you are correct. They are on the wrong side.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
06-04-10, 02:25 PM
I need to pick up a set of slotted rear rotors soon (have the UUCs up front).

tweeter81
06-04-10, 02:31 PM
I agree with JBawden. You are supposed to install the rotors such that the outside (leading edge) of the slot comes in contact with the pad first. That is what I have read on a handful of sites that describe how to install these types of rotors. I don't really think it is a big deal in street applications, but it might become a bigger issue in track applications.

ctsv154
06-04-10, 03:50 PM
Website works on a different computer so I got to see the J hook slots. I like them a lot and I want 2 piece up front so it may be a while before I'm able to drop that much on rotors. How much are just the replacement J hook rotors for the 2 piece?

MAPerformance
06-04-10, 06:08 PM
We don't offer a J-hook two piece. I just mentioned in a second post that these are all 1-piece.

ctsv154
06-04-10, 07:00 PM
hmm...... that sucks. I kinda like the J hook but I'd rather have 2 piece if I'm dropping coin.

MAPerformance
06-04-10, 07:13 PM
For a full set, I don't think you can beat 450.00 shipped for J-hooked rotors with powdercoating and top of the line rotors ;)

ctsv154
06-04-10, 08:35 PM
That is a good price. Let me think about it.

whisler151
06-05-10, 11:57 AM
Thanks Adam, looking forward to my rotors. I wish I could have waited for the J Hooks but I need them by next week. Oh well, the slotted will be awesome too.

ELES6CTS
09-26-11, 11:36 AM
I just got my J-hook rotors. Does anyone know the proper direction on them. I put the fronts in last night, in the direction I think they should go, just making sure.

ELES6CTS
09-26-11, 11:56 AM
Here is a pic of the rotor off the car. This is the rear by the way.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/skylineawd/j-hook-rotor.jpg

hXc95SLS
09-26-11, 02:47 PM
I'll be buying a full j hook set soon.

ELES6CTS
09-26-11, 04:27 PM
You might want to give them a call. I know they were having some issues with their manufacturer so I'm not sure how much longer they will be selling them.

Aurora40
09-26-11, 05:02 PM
I just got my J-hook rotors. Does anyone know the proper direction on them. I put the fronts in last night, in the direction I think they should go, just making sure.Look at the venting that runs through the middle of the rotor. If it has a direction, that will dictate how you install them. Otherwise I don't think it really matters too much.

In that picture, I'd guess that goes on the drivers side and rotates counterclockwise. But thats just a guess.

ELES6CTS
09-27-11, 01:29 AM
That is the way I put then in, and I figured it would be the same as normal slotted.