: Does anyone else have free XM right now?

Andringa
06-03-10, 05:47 PM
Next time you guys are out, try tuning in an XM channel and see what happens.

I have had my V for about 8 months and the XM has always been disabled. The other day I was going through the different bands on the V's radio and now I have XM radio. Not all of the channels work, off the top of my head I think the following work (4,5,6,7,8,10,13,15,20,23...)

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and if anyone has any information about a free trial period or something. I read the other post about them temporarily offering XM traffic for free, so I'm thinking it is related. The only thing that I don't understand is that if it is a free trial to try and sign up customers, they did a horrible job of advertising for it, and why would they only do some of the channels?

whisler151
06-03-10, 05:56 PM
Next time you guys are out, try tuning in an XM channel and see what happens.

I have had my V for about 8 months and the XM has always been disabled. The other day I was going through the different bands on the V's radio and now I have XM radio. Not all of the channels work, off the top of my head I think the following work (4,5,6,7,8,10,13,15,20,23...)

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and if anyone has any information about a free trial period or something. I read the other post about them temporarily offering XM traffic for free, so I'm thinking it is related. The only thing that I don't understand is that if it is a free trial to try and sign up customers, they did a horrible job of advertising for it, and why would they only do some of the channels?

Yeah, I guess they are doing some promotion. I already pay for XM but the traffic updates were a surprise.

MIKEC
06-03-10, 06:04 PM
I have it also.it's free from may 25th to june 7th.if you wanted xm but your budget is tight if you send them 20.00 before the free time is up you get it for the rest of the summer .they also have xm for life for 570.00 paid over a period of five months and carries over if you buy another car.

sak_v
06-03-10, 06:37 PM
I have it also.it's free from may 25th to june 7th.if you wanted xm but your budget is tight if you send them 20.00 before the free time is up you get it for the rest of the summer .they also have xm for life for 570.00 paid over a period of five months and carries over if you buy another car.

I have it too. Do you mean for $20 we can have XM for 2 or 3 more months?

Driven2slow
06-03-10, 07:48 PM
I have it. I never paid for it and still dont pay for it. I also dont use it, the sound quality seems better on the radio then XM.

Stepside
06-03-10, 08:01 PM
Lifetime is $469 Actually it is $399 + $70 royalty fee plus applicable tax. Mine came out to just under $500 for the DTS, but I got in before the mandatory royalty fee for the CTS-V. :2thumbs:
:yup:And there is a special for $20 for a couple of months, but if you do not notify them to cancel at the end of that time,
you will receive a monthly bill. :(

Stepside
06-03-10, 08:06 PM
I have it. I never paid for it and still dont pay for it. I also dont use it, the sound quality seems better on the radio then XM.

I have XM in both my caddys and the sound quality for XM is 10 times better than FM. It is like the difference between AM & FM.

shadybx7
06-04-10, 01:04 AM
thanks for the heads up... 3 more days

ELES6CTS
06-04-10, 04:20 AM
I just couldn't justify paying for it. I had it when I bought the car and liked it, but just didn't feel like subscribing for it.

6 SPEED Z
06-04-10, 08:14 AM
I have had it free for the last 1.5 years, since I bought the car in Dec '09. Not complaining, probably just jinx myself.

PISNUOFF
06-04-10, 09:06 AM

You need the promo code from a flyer to get the $20 deal. Does anyone have that code???

edit: I've called twice this morning and the two reps I've spoken to were WAY less than helpful. One couldn't find my account and the other even told me to go to the website, look at the packages and call us back. Hell, I can't even find the packages on the website. It's no wonder why I haven't renewed my subscription.

Judging by the last page of this, you just have to get the 'right' service representative.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/563680/?start=480

Saleen09
06-04-10, 08:54 PM
I got a letter in the mail that said my Radio ID was getting 6 months free. As of May 1st, Free XM for me..... :)

Not sure if I'd pay 10/mo for it, but the last couple of weeks, it's been nice.

On the sound quality, it seems to vary. Sometimes it's CD quality, sometimes sound a bit artifacted (too much compression I would guess). I am fairly "anal" about sound/video in general so this may just be my issue.........

bjv
06-04-10, 09:53 PM
I haven't had my car that long, my wife thought I had gotten free XM with it. I said I didn't, she showed me a letter we must have gotten recently. The letter said "hope you have been enjoying the free XM for the past 10 days"... but I didn't know what it meant. I thought maybe I had missed a previous letter. Anyway the current letter said that if we contact them by June 30 we could get 5 months for $20. There was no mention of what it would cost after that period.

Stepside
06-04-10, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=PISNUOFF;2264749]You need the promo code from a flyer to get the $20 deal. Does anyone have that code???
QUOTE]
There was no code. Did you call the number below? This is what they sent me:

We have a special Welcome Back offer - just for you.

You are one of the many valued customers that have more than one XM Radio subscription on their account. Our records indicate, however, that you have recently canceled one of your subscriptions.

Renew your subscription today and get 5 months for $20.*
Call now - 1-866-415-8896.
Plus there's no reactivation fee!

With XM you can listen to great programming, personalities, legendary DJs and celebrity hosts..Get over 170 channels including commercial-free music, plus the best sports, news, talk.and entertainment.

Pay only $20* for 5 months to reactivate
Multiple subscription discounts apply
Reactivation is free*
Rediscover XM today and save over 65%
Call now and get 5 months for $20* - 1-866-415-8896.

It's that easy - just have your radio ID ready when you call.