: Help! 07 ESV electrical problems..?

cverg
06-03-10, 05:38 PM
Hi, I have a 2007 ESV and am having a problem. When you shift into gear it will randomly shift itself in and out of gear multiple times, as well as locking and unlocking the doors at the same time. Seems electrical to me (but what do I know). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

07maralade
06-03-10, 07:34 PM
The doors are normal, you can turn that off through the DIC menu. For the gear shifting, probably mechanical problem.

cverg
06-04-10, 08:51 AM
Hi, thanks for the response! The doors will normally lock when you put it in gear....however, on mine when you put it in gear the doors lock, unlock, lock, unlock, over and over as well as the transmission shifting ITSELF from drive to neutral, drive to neutral, over and over....there must be something controlloing this....any suggestions? Thanks!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-10, 10:51 AM
I would have to suggest that you have the vehicle checked out by your local dealership. They would be the ones best able to help with this issue. You've got a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with a 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty. If you are over mileage on the bumper to bumper then the powertrain warranty should also cover you for this fix. Hopefully that gets the issue resolved.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

07maralade
06-04-10, 09:31 PM
Wow, sounds like a trans failure to me...shifting from D to N!...Wow